Walther GSP...help me out

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Walther GSP...help me out

Post by Rover »

The Walther GSP has a reputation for utter reliability. I have been offered one of their Rapid Fire models (worthless now I know).

What would it take (plus $) to convert to Standard Pistol (.32 being a dream).
FredB

converting an OSP

Post by FredB »

Converting an OSP to .32 is out of the question.

Converting an OSP to .22LR is not that difficult. Several years ago Sandy Santibanez posted detailed information on TT about how he made such a conversion for his daughter, who was competing in WSP internationally. If you do a patient search for posts by "Sandy Santibanez" relating to "OSP" and/or "conversion" you should be able to find the relevant posts.

As far as costs, it will cost more to make the conversion ISSF legal than it will if you just want to use the gun for Bullseye. But then you can use it as a .22 short for Bullseye, at least up to 25 yards. If you can find .22 short ammo, that is.

Comparing the total cost of an OSP .22LR conversion to a GSP, assuming you have to buy the OSP or the GSP, I would guess they would be in the same ballpark. And there are lots of used GSPs on Gunbrokers. Sandy didn't make the conversion to save money, but rather to provide his daughter with a gun that was lighter and had a better grip angle for her.
chukeeee

Post by chukeeee »

It's not out of the question to convert to .22lr or .32s&w. Conversion units are out there, as are trigger units in the proper weight ranges, grips, magazines, etc. Try Earl's or post on the "buy, sell, trade" forum.

"shoot 10's, and give 'em friends"
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Yep. You need everything except the lower frame. Easiest way to get that is to buy a complete .32 and grab all the parts except for the lower frame :-D
Rover

Post by Rover »

Thanks for the advice, guys. I think I'll just pass on the offer.