Air pistol bore polisher

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Air pistol bore polisher

Post by Rover »

I remember that some time back a member was distressed by a batch of old oxidzed pellets, claiming they were injurious to the bore.

With the alloy change, we no longer have this purported "problem." So when I found an old unopened package of Daisy flat nose I got kind of curious.

Man, they were white! Since many have proclaimed the virtues of "fire-lapping" using abrasive coated bullets to polish bores for enhanced accuracy, I thought I'd play.

I shot a practice match with these pellets (no sight adjustment) and shot a 93, three 95s, a 97, and a Grand Finale of 88, just to piss away a decent score.

Afterward I examined the bore on my Steyr LP1. That sucker shined like a mirror. Whether it helped accuracy, I won't know until I test the gun.

I'm thinking of bagging the Daisy's in packs of 50 and selling them for $10. Interested? (Even though there is no evidence that lead oxide is abrasive?)
jr

Post by jr »

What you need are chocolate pellets:
http://www.wildwoodsurvival.com/surviva ... colatebar/
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

funniest post yet Rover....almost has me ready to place an order.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Now guys, don't laugh at a poor old man.

Every word of that post was true, except that the "88" was shot with R10 pellets.

Chocolate? Hmm, I guess that's why kid's faces are so bright and shining around the holidays.
john bickar

Re: Air pistol bore polisher

Post by john bickar »

Rover wrote:I'm thinking of bagging the Daisy's in packs of 50 and selling them for $10. Interested?
Rainy day special for you, Rover - don't tell your friends. I happen to have an exclusive line on .22 LR reloading press kits, and I can let one go to you for a bargain barter price of 10,000 of your bore-cleaning pellets.

Don't delay!
conradin

Re: Air pistol bore polisher

Post by conradin »

john bickar wrote:
Rover wrote:I'm thinking of bagging the Daisy's in packs of 50 and selling them for $10. Interested?
Rainy day special for you, Rover - don't tell your friends. I happen to have an exclusive line on .22 LR reloading press kits, and I can let one go to you for a bargain barter price of 10,000 of your bore-cleaning pellets.

Don't delay!
John, its already April 8th, I think any discount is no longer valid!