leaking airpistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kboj

leaking airpistol

Post by kboj »

Hello guys.

I´m the happy owner of an ancient Morini 162 E airpistol with fixed cylinder, no gauge, but the grip fits me fine and the electronics is working without exeptions. I´ve had it for 14 years, paid 600$ incl. an airpump, so Price level seems lower in Denmark than the US.

But now it is leaking, 200 bar disapears in less than 2 hours.

What would be a wise solution? retire the gun and get a new(er) one? or get it fixed for approx. 200$? or maybe an overhaul and at the same time get it modified to a new and removeable cylinder?

Any suggestions?

regards,
Keld
David M

Post by David M »

Two possible solutions
1/ Strip, clean, new seals all thru, lube and continue as is.
2/ Fit a upgrade kit for a removable tank and overhaul rest of pistol.
The prefered action is to fit the new removable tank as the fixed tank is well over the current 10yr limit.
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

I did David's first option (with thanks to Rob Potter) on my 162e. It didn't cost much and has gone another ten years without any problems since it was serviced (and I was given a spare set of gaskets should it happen again). I've considered upgrading to removable tanks but I'm unlikely to ever participate in international competition and no one (yet...fingers crossed) seems to be checking cylinder manufacturing dates at our Nationals.
kboj

Post by kboj »

That´s also my first thought, will try to get new sealings somewhere.

I would like to change the sealings myself and have just removed the grip. I can actually hear the air escaping in the area, where the cylinder is attached to the frame.

What to do next? I only have the original drawing with spare no.

Does anybody have a how-to-do?

regards,
Keld
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

The process as I recall it was to sheath the air cylinder with a short length of appropriately sized PVC pipe split down the middle and place it horizontally in a vice gripping the cylinder (not too tight; you don’t want to crush the thing). Undo the two recessed screws on top of the frame (forward of the breach) and remove the barrel by sliding it out forwards. Then with the cylinder still firmly gripped in the vice, rotate the gun to screw it off the cylinder. Wipe each new gasket you replace with a small amount of silicone grease before fitting.
David M

Post by David M »

If it has not had new O rings for 14 yrs, it needs a full strip, clean, full new set of seals, lube and re assemble.
Because you are playing with a 2000 psi tank, if you don't know what you are doing, TAKE IT TO SOMEONE WHO DOES.
j-team

Post by j-team »

The most important step is to make 100% sure that there is no pressure remaining in the cylinder before you try to dismantle anything!
BenHHH

CM162E cylinder

Post by BenHHH »

hello

If you need the dimensions of the 6 (!) cylinder's seals, i can send them to you.
I did this, few years ago and it is not so hard...
Have you got the exploded view of the cylinder?

Ben
BenHHH

CM162E leaking

Post by BenHHH »

You can easily find the exploded views of the cylinder CM162E on pilkguns.com for example.

The cylinder seals sizes are :
Morini CM 162E O-Ring Sizes (first number for internal diameter, 2nd number for Thickness) :
162020A MORINI 0-RING 8 X 1.5mm (Filler Seal Green Viton, 1 Of)
162007A MORINI O-RING 12 x 1.5mm (Air Cylinder Body to Gun, 1 Of)
162008A MORINI O-RING 23 x 1.5mm (Air Cylinder Seals, 2 of)
162010A MORINI [/b]O-RING (Air Cylinder Air Release Unit Green Viton, 1 of)

In many cases, the 162007a or 162010a at the rear of the cylinder are defective. It is easy to dismentel the cylinder (if it is fully empty!).

But it could be the pistol valve and its 162052 seal :
162052A MORINI O-RING 5.5 x 1.5mm (Firing Valve Seal, 1 of)

And if you need :
162027A MORINI O-RING 3.5 x 1.2mm (Pellet Probe, 1 Of)
162020B MORINI O-RING 3.8 x 1.2mm (Internal Fill Valve Seal)

Good work !!!
Ben