FWB P56 in single shot mode question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
45ACP223

FWB P56 in single shot mode question

Post by 45ACP223 »

Saw a decent deal on a P56 which is the 5 shot repeater version. I only shoot in a league that requires single shot loading. They require it for line safety. Can the P56 be loaded from the breach one at a time, as well as via the magazine? How cumbersome would it be to eject the magazine and load one pellet after each shot?
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

I'm not sure if it works the same way as a single shot magazine for a Steyr LP50, but the Steyr single shot magazine is very easy to use. Load, insert, shoot, it pops out for loading and is retained by the magazine latch.

Loading a single shot in the Steyr five round magazine for single shot shooting is a pain in the butt. Too fiddly.
Vnlza

Post by Vnlza »

You can't load the P56 directly at the breech by hand (I hope I am interpreting the first part of your question correctly). It uses a single shot magazine. It is a pretty simple process to load and slip out the mag for reloading after the shot. If the pistol does not come with a single shot mag you can always order direct from Feinwerkbau in Germany - I have ordered the odd accessory from them over the years and their service has always been great. Availability won't be an issue as it uses the same single shot mag as the P58.
45ACP223

Post by 45ACP223 »

Thanks for the info. Without breech loading, single shot magazine loading may be cumbersome. I'll see if I can download the manual and see how you load and insert/eject the magazine. I'm guessing the P44 single shot will be easier to use.
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

How many dry fire shots can you have if you use the 5 shot clip?

5 shots from the clip, then single shot dry fire on the last shot from that point on? Or 5 shots dry fire, then no more?
Vnlza

Post by Vnlza »

To dry fire you don't load a mag. You simply pull the cocking lever - this gives you one dry fire shot. If you load a five shot mag with no pellets it will expel air every time you pull the trigger (my pistol gives a sixth dry fire shot when I fire it with an empty five shot mag).

There is no provision for five sequential dry fire shots.
dsaptarshi

Post by dsaptarshi »

Saw a decent deal on a P56 which is the 5 shot repeater version
I was afte the same deal ;) so did you got it finally ? Per manual you can directly enter the pellet into breech, though not sure as it comes with a one shot magazine also and guess that needs to be inserted every time otherwise air wont discharge as the locking port is not engaged.
45ACP223

Post by 45ACP223 »

No, it sold before I could make my mind up. I really think the P44 will fit my needs better so I'll probably go that route or something similar. Thanks for all the info. everyone responded with.