Pardini K12 Cocking problem

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Avery

Pardini K12 Cocking problem

Post by Avery »

Yesterday My new k12 stop cocking.
I have teared it down and you can see: the absorber has small magnet and this magnet is fell off.

Once I put it back. But with some shoots problem come back, pistol did not cock again.
So now I glued magnet. And it seems to help. But I don't know how long it will be work.
You can see the photos.
I think I need spare parts, especially absorber casing and magnet.
Attachments
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
Last edited by Avery on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
scerir

Re: Pardini K12 Cocking problem

Post by scerir »

Is it possible to shoot without the absorber? I've heard there are K12 shooters, in Italy, who removed the absorber completely. But I do not know if it is possible, really. (I removed the absorber from the LP10 mechanical, and I like it now).
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

(I removed the absorber from the LP10 mechanical, and I like it now).
Did you find that the effect of the absorber varied ? Was not consistant ?
scerir

Post by scerir »

Silvershooter wrote:
(I removed the absorber from the LP10 mechanical, and I like it now).
Did you find that the effect of the absorber varied ? Was not consistant ?
I removed everything, there is no absorber any more. I've got the impression the absorber did not work consistently. Now the pistol is fine (to me).
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

I've got the impression the absorber did not work consistently. Now the pistol is fine (to me).
Yes this is what I was asking, I suspect the same with mine.
scerir

Post by scerir »

Silvershooter wrote:
I've got the impression the absorber did not work consistently. Now the pistol is fine (to me).
Yes this is what I was asking, I suspect the same with mine.
I do not think absorber is useful in general. It is good for follow-through (if it is properly set). I prefer to keep the pistol 'still', when the shot breaks, not because of the absorber but because of myself. It is possible (difficult though). And ... I do not think top scores are improving, since the introduction of absorbers. Maybe I'm wrong ...
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

Yes , the LP10e I used to own, the absorber became stuck, so I took it out, it did not make any difference to my scores.

(Apologies for hijacking Avery's thread.)
rmca

Post by rmca »

scerir wrote:And ... I do not think top scores are improving, since the introduction of absorbers. Maybe I'm wrong ...
Jongoh JIN did break the world record with the LP10!

WC CHANGWON 2009 AP60 594 95.7 689.7 WR

http://www.issf-sports.org/athletes/ath ... 2409197901

If your absorber isn't working fix it:
http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.com/index. ... ice-movies
- Adjusting or checking the stabilizer.

Hope this helps
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

Adjusting or checking the stabilizer.

Hope this helps
No, it does not help. We know how to check and adjust the stabiliser. What was being discussed was the inconsistent behaviour of the stabiliser.

(Apologies again to Avery for the diversion.)
Avery

Post by Avery »

scerir wrote:Is it possible to shoot without the absorber?
Yes k12 can shoot without absorber function. You need take out tungsten thing,
Also good idea to lock absorber regulator (turn clockwise top screw)
This screw closes tiny hole through witch compressed air pushes tungsten thing. (In my case, compressed air blow out magnet(( )

Also absorber functions quite well when this tiny hole completely closed by screw (I think because shot impulse)
It moves back about 10-15 mm (as in lp10 in official video)
Then you open this tiny hole the tungsten thing moves much farer.
So I think absorber in k12 is quite good construction despite this minor bug with magnet.
rmca

Post by rmca »

Silvershooter wrote:No, it does not help. We know how to check and adjust the stabiliser. What was being discussed was the inconsistent behaviour of the stabiliser.
Then maybe this would.

The stabilizer is a very simple part. If it's not functioning correctly odds are it's the spring or something blocking it's travel back.

Check if the spring (part 64) isn't damaged or bent, and if so replace it.

My apologies to Avery also for the highjack of the tread.

Hope this helps
Attachments
Capturar.JPG
Capturar.JPG (34.78 KiB) Viewed 3198 times
Leon

Post by Leon »

Guys - I can't help that you've fiddled with your K12s until they broke.

I haven't touched mine and everything functions perfectly.....
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

[quote]Check if the spring (part 64) isn't damaged or bent, and if so replace it[quote]

My LP10 is 3 months old. The spring is not bent.

Actually, I learned recently that after dry firing the stabiliser is left in the forward position with the spring under tension. It needs to be live fired in order to release the stabiliser bolt. (The spring under tension for long periods of time may alter the adjustment.)

This should be explained in the manual imo.
scerir

Post by scerir »

rmca wrote:
scerir wrote:And ... I do not think top scores are improving, since the introduction of absorbers. Maybe I'm wrong ...
Jongoh JIN did break the world record with the LP10!

WC CHANGWON 2009 AP60 594 95.7 689.7 WR

http://www.issf-sports.org/athletes/ath ... 2409197901

If your absorber isn't working fix it:
http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.com/index. ... ice-movies
- Adjusting or checking the stabilizer.

Hope this helps
Yes, and Sergei Pyzhianov shot a 593, in 1989 I suppose, no absorber at that time. And many shooters did not like the absorber, among them Wang Yifu, if I remember well. But all that is not statistics. I'm inclined to think that the average score of the top pistol shooters is still the same after all these years. But I did not make any calculations about that. (Somebody else made some calculation, but I do not remember who was).

As for the absorber of the Lp10 I think it needs several adjustments every year. Since I use 3 Lp10 ... you know ... time is short. So I removed the absorbers.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Silvershooter wrote: Actually, I learned recently that after dry firing the stabiliser is left in the forward position with the spring under tension. It needs to be live fired in order to release the stabiliser bolt. (The spring under tension for long periods of time may alter the adjustment.)
For LP10, just press down on the front of part 61 (in pic above) to release the absorber after dry firing.
argus

Post by argus »

Apologies in advance to the op.
In my case the inconsistent operation of the stabiliser in the LP10E was due to an excessive amount of black grease which caused it to barely move. Not sure if this was from the factory or the previous owner as I bought the pistol second hand but by cleaning all the parts and leaving only a very light film operation was restored to normal without the need to adjust the set screw in the spring. Going by they Steyr video little or no lubrication appears to be used. It is a shame Steyr is not more specific in the videos about the type and amount of lubrication required.
scerir

Post by scerir »

Avery wrote:Yesterday My new k12 stop cocking.
I have teared it down and you can see: the absorber has small magnet and this magnet is fell off.
Avery, I think you must write an email to Pardini info@pardini.it (do not forget to attach your photos!) asking for their help. I think they should send a new absorber + magnet, free of charge, to you. Here below something written in Italian (absorber broke, K12 doesn't shoot, send a new absorber to me). Do not forget to write down your address e serial number xxxxxx of your K12.

"Improvvisamente il magnete connesso all'absorber della mia K12, matricola xxxxxx, si è staccato dal corpo dell'absorber stesso, rendendo impossibile il funzionamento della pistola (la pistola non si arma più). Potete cortesemente inviarmi un absorber nuovo, col magnete correttamente connesso, così che io possa usare di nuovo la K12 ?"
Avery

Post by Avery »

scerir thx for advice
I think I should do it

Because k12 actually new and it is obvious factory fault
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

Bravo scerir.