I'm all in now except one more gun if it comes up

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

robinhoods

I'm all in now except one more gun if it comes up

Post by robinhoods »

Looking searching and asking questions and here is what I have.
I bought an LP-10---------pilkguns
I also bought morini--------pilkguns
Benelli Kite ------
I ordered the rika retriever but Pilkguns just emailed me an said they were out of them for awhile so I am still looking for one. The EL 3000 was suggested and I am looking into that.
I bought three guns because I know there will be three of us shooting all the time or rather quite a bit.
For the last gun if I can find an absolutely mint FWB Model 80 or Model 90 I will get it.
When I get them all I will post pics
Robinhoods
conradin

Post by conradin »

egun. air pistol is legal to export from germany. You should have no problem finding a FWB90, with all the goodies.
robinhoods

all in

Post by robinhoods »

never been to the site but didn't know if I would have a problem.
I will check it out.
thanks
robinhoods
robinhoods

allin

Post by robinhoods »

I went to the site and became a member.
Getting through and searching is no problem but when coming to an item to bid on I have to copy everything and go to google translate.Gets a little confusing.
How do I know they want to ship to the USA-They have all that customs crap to go through. Now you can't even buy a pellet gun in canada and have it shipped here. What is happening to us-afaird to ship pellet gun.

All that freedom that quite a few of fought for is gone -they are taking it all away in little pieces until they have it all.
robinhoods
FrankD

Post by FrankD »

As far as i know you have to go to the German site, if you will bid. The English site is only a translation.

But beware, not all sellers will sell or sent to overseas. Ask them and ask for the transport costs before bidding. Sometimes the costs for sending parts to the US are really high, especially for bigger or heavier parts.

And last, most sellers there are serious, but not all and sometimes they are pushing the prices far over normal street prices. So you have always to read carefully and compare the prices.

Regards from Germany

Frank
Rover

Post by Rover »

RH, since you're on vacation I guess we won't have to hear of your trials and tribulations while trying to fit your grips on four different APs, or your considerations of finding four ill-fitting custom grips as well.

Then there is also the problem of testing dozens of different pellets in your four guns so that the other shooters aren't handicapped by the inadequacies of their ammo.

But then, you won't be telling us about this either, since you're relaxing on your well-earned vacation. (Never mind the problems of setting up four triggers.)
conradin

Post by conradin »

Ask the seller FIRST if they are willing to ship it overseas. The usual payment method is wiring, but if you are lucky, they will take paypal.

I have bought arms from them, at least three or four. But the best use of that site is to buy accessories.

The customs problems is more about our side than theirs. As long as you are not buying a firearm you should be OK. I got one of my FWB65 from there.

Learning how to speak and type in German helps a lot, but most sellers know English anyway. I consider it much more safer than gunbroker.
robinhoods

all in

Post by robinhoods »

I went and signed up but they really have a lot of nice guns. Just the SSP feinwerkbau pistols they had the whole range including the 103 mint and 65 and 80 and 90.
Most of them say no to international buyers. " VERBOTEN"
I don't think I want to try because all the ones I was interested in said no to international
robinhoods
conradin

Post by conradin »

You have to email them individually. Then they may change their minds of selling it to you.

Also, another way to do it is to have a friend in EU or Germany. I got a Walther that way as the friend repackaged it.

It is understandable that a lot of seller will not send it overseas simply because of the minute paperwork. If the seller is a business, then they have to deal with the VAT issue too. That is the most likely reason they will not sell outside EU.

Some sellers are willing to drive outside Germany to mail it. It saves a lot of headache. One particular famous shop does it in this fashion but I am not going to disclose its name.