Litschert target scope

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

mcralph

Litschert target scope

Post by mcralph »

I have read several opinions on Litschert target scopes, some saying they are among the best and others saying they were a cheaper alternative to Lyman/Unertl. I thought that I read somewhere that 1950's prices of all three brands were within a dollar or two of each other.

Any of you scope gurus have info/opinions on Litschert? (I could find nothing on a search of this forum.)
Spencer

Re: Litschert target scope

Post by Spencer »

mcralph wrote:...(I could find nothing on a search of this forum.)
not that surprising - "TargetTalk - a place to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between", but some posters might have experience/opinion.
BrianJ

Litschert

Post by BrianJ »

Ralph, as mentioned your question would be better answered over on rimfire central but I'll give you my opinion, I have both.

I believe, but not positive, Litschert may have made two style scopes over the years. I suspect the "better" scope with the screw adjust objective may have been the better scope.
The other (later) scope was a cheaper alternative in that the objective adjustment rather than screw adjust slid forward and back and was locked in place by a clamping screw and was not as precise as a threaded adjust. On the lessor quality scope there is no Pope rib to keep the barrel in line as the scope recoiled. In this case the tube was grooved and a pin rode the groove to keep it in line.
These scopes though cheaper construction wise were non the less adaquate and did the job. They are a good buy for the money.

bjm