Toz question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
SMBeyer

Toz question

Post by SMBeyer »

We had the international sectional today and the buddy I sold my Toz 35 to was having problems. He made it through about 5 shots and had to switch pistols because the Toz just wasn't functioning. I brought it home and was going to give it to a gunsmith but I thought I would take the grips off and have a look inside and see if I could see a broken spring or something causing it to not function.

So amazingly enough after removing the grips, forearm, and slide for cleaning I have it functioning. But here is what I have to do to make it function. After firing a round when pushing the slide lever forward to reset the striker? and eject the empty case I have to forcefully cycle the slide lever. If I don't push the lever forward hard and fast enough it doesnt reset the striker and the mainspring doesn't stay compressed. If you gently open the gun it won't catch and keep the spring compressed and it is hard to pull the lever to the rear. If you do it as I described it seems to work every time. On my 35M that I shoot I can gently work the lever and it will function.

Another difference between the two is his 35 ejects the empty with authority and my 35m doesn't.

So should we leave the 35 alone and just operate it like I described or does it need some work done to it?

Scott
scausi

Post by scausi »

scroll down the page to member DSI post toz problem
rmca

Re: Toz question

Post by rmca »

SMBeyer wrote:So should we leave the 35 alone and just operate it like I described or does it need some work done to it?
It needs work. The gun is not supposed to work that way. Get it fixed before you break something.

Hope this helps
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

What are the grips---standard issue or contemporary i.e Rink? This sounds like "short striking"---in other words the lever is not going forward sufficiently to eject the round and set the spring and striker. I may suggest using a dremel after observing the lever in action, and carefully remove wood from the forward portion of the grips to clear more room for the lever. My clue is your report of the necessity of using a bit more force on the ejection. The wood, specially the original grips, absorbs moisture and swella eventually causing this. JMHO "Doc"
SMBeyer

Post by SMBeyer »

Increasing sear engagement didn't seem to help much. For a while I had it working real good but then it didn't reset once and now it's back to having to cycle it quickly to get it to work. For some reason a longer striker spring seemed to help.

the grips are stock, and i had to remove some wood to help function. it wasn't closing all the way because it was hitting at the back. The gun does work better with the grips off so I'll check on hitting on the front also.

Scott
Chris

Post by Chris »

check to make sure one of the grip screws is not poking through the frame and the cocking lever is making contact with it.