Kneeling rules

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

pratt2208

Kneeling rules

Post by pratt2208 »

I have a junior shooter who physical can't sit down on his heel in kneeling. Is it legal in the NRA to place something on the heel for him to sit on we tried using a kneeling roll last time and he seemed to be ok with it I told him I would find out if it's legal or not.
DLS

Post by DLS »

The short answer is no. If you can't assume a certain position you can fire that phase in any of the less supported positions. So in this case he would fire his kneeling stage from the standing position.

You can petition the NRA Rules Committee asking for special exemptions or changes in the rules. There is a formal process to do this, I'd call them directly to ensure you get the proper information and forms.

I have heard that if you are 55 years old or older you may now place a second kneeling roll on top of your heel and sit on that in kneeling. I need to check on this so don't hold me to it. If that is the case I will benefit because I can no longer kneel due to a knee injury and it may benefit your child, as there is a rule in place that has been approved as an alternate.

Let us know how it works out please?
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

When I started shooting (at 18) my knees were so torn up and damaged from years of shot put and discus that I couldn't kneel without excruciating pain. After two years my knees have stretched and recovered enough that I only feel minor discomfort while shooting kneeling. It took me almost 2 weeks to actually be able to hit paper and two months the hit all black so I would just say stretch the knee. YMMV however.
Abi

Post by Abi »

Another option is the low kneeling position, remove the kneeling roll and place the foot flat on its side on the ground, sitting on the side of the foot. May be more comfortable, may be more awkward.