Men's 3P question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Abi

Men's 3P question

Post by Abi »

When Men's 3x40 is shot on electronic targets, like at USASNC at Ft. Benning, is the match shot in block time, or are the positions separated out?

Thanks

Abi
salar600

Post by salar600 »

If the match is shot according to new ISSF rules, you will have a prep time including sighters, after that the match will start and the time will keep going till the end.

Like women event use ti do.
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

The Rocky Mountain Championships were shot in block time, and I believe the USASNC match is the same. Call to the line 30 minutes before match start at which time you may handle your rifle, get in position, etc., you just can't remove your ECI. A fifteen minute prep/sighter period follows where you can dry and live fire as you see fit. Once the match starts, you get 2:45 to shoot all three positions; you have to start match fire in kneeling when they call start, but after you finish kneeling you can go take as much time for sighters going into prone (and the same for prone into standing), but your total time clock keeps ticking. And, as before, once you go into match shooting you cannot go back into sighters (barring a target malfunction, or other interruption that isn't your fault.)
Abi

Post by Abi »

so, block time. Thanks.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Abi ... take note if you are coaching JR men for the JOs.

The guys will fire 40x60x40 to cover both a 3x40 and the 60 shot prone matches.
In these relays the program states:
4. For the smallbore events, each position (stage) must be finished by all competitors on a relay before the next position (stage) is started, with the exception of women’s 3x20.
To me this implies that the smallbore men's rifle will be be staged and not purely blocktime.

If you look at the program/schedule you will see there are no separate prone relays
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

The 40/60/40 was the course of fire for Rocky Mountain this year as well, so men got a fifteen minute prep/sighter period, then 3:02 to complete 140 shots. Looking at the JO Program, they give a match time of 3:05 to complete the 40/60/40, and it states that they are using block time. I would call or e-mail Tyler and ask for clarification.
Abi

Post by Abi »

Actually, I will be shooting in a 3x40 myself (unusual...trying to mentally prepare for double the work).

I remember something odd about last year's USASNC at Ft. Benning, there was some bad weather that came through. Perhaps they separated out the positions due to a computer malfunction, but I thought someone told me it was not one block time (at that match). I may be wrong. I know women's was delayed by fog...
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

The ISSF/USA Shooting rules specify block time when using electronic targets. The Rifle Events Table (USAS Rule 7.9) has time formats for various paper target formats, since not all ranges have carriers.
Abi

Post by Abi »

so, block time. thanks.