Pardini Air Rfile

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TraLfaz

Pardini Air Rfile

Post by TraLfaz »

I am days away from purchasing a new Walther LG400 Anatomic for my son and then I see the new Pardini Air Rifle. A few quick questions about it:

1) Is it even available yet?
2) Has anybody actually shot one? If so, is it worth the asking price?
3) What is the asking price?
4) Is it that much better than what is already available?

Thank you for any answers.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I've seen pictures of it but in the UK one of our dealers only had a mock up of it, so I'd assume from that that is either not in full production yet, or that it is very limited. Suggest you contact Pardini-USA directly to ask about availability and price.

Rob.
Jordan1s

Post by Jordan1s »

Hello,

I will try to answer some of your questions based on some research and "question asking" i did about the rifle.

1. The Pardini gpr1 does appear to be available, but not in the US. The current production of the rifle seems to be quite limited as not many distributors appear have access to this rifle. I e-mailed Pardini USA a few months ago and they said that they were having trouble importing the rifle into the US due to some European shipping restriction.

2. After some digging around, the only "useful" information I was able to find was on a New Zealand shooting thread;Someone there stated that the loading port can be easily reached without using a tripod, and that the rifle is supposedly very balanced. Other specs about the rifle can be obtained directly from the Pardini site. Hopefully someone in our targettalk community can give us an in depth review of this rifle in the future. Based on some digging around, the price appears to be quite steep.

Link to New Zealand forum is here:

http://www.targetshooting.co.nz/ubbthre ... RIFLE.html

3. On a Canadian site, the asking price for the 3 Pardini models are approx. 2,706.24, 3,158.04, and 3,609.83 USD respectively. The prices are a little strange because I had to convert Canadian currency to US currency.

Link to Canadian site is here: http://www.westernmarksman.ca/GPR1.htm

4. That will be up to you to determine. Each rifle fits everyone differently. It is up to you to find the one that fits you best.

-Jordan
FrankD

Post by FrankD »

Here comes an a offer from a German seller. The site claims the rifles are available and deliverable. But that says nothing about the quantity.

http://www.keuchen.de/default.php/cPath/83_540

I did not shoot this rifle as jet so i can't give any first impressions here.

As you can see in that offer, the price is outstanding. It brings this price race to a new record.

It's hart to say, whether this new rifle is worth that price. I would say it depends, as ever. ;-) Pardini is a well known and good company and they claim some improvements for that rifle. If this improvements are important for an individual shooter than the rifle can help to improve his skills.

As Jordan said, all this rifles shoot very well, but they all also fits slightly different for all shooters and they feel also all slightly different. They differ all not really much, but for some shooters this small differences are important. So the only serious way, to find a new match rifle, which feels and fits best, is (at best a longer) testing.

On the other hand you can't never buy a victory in the shooting sports only with money.

Regards

Frank
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

Firstly there are at least a couple in the USA.

Ours shoots very nice groups, are they better than the other brands? Probably not.

When you compare prices be sure to compare rear sights etc. They are expensive just by them self.

Petra and Nico have been shooting theirs very well in international competitions.

My daughter just shot a 105 plus group with hers both days at the Barvarian. The human element kept her from the top however this time, cant Blame the gun for that!

Unless you are shooting at the very top, its not the gun that will keep you back.
rmarsh

pardini

Post by rmarsh »

I'm sitting in the Chicago airport on the way home from bavarian airgun in Munich. My daughter & the previous poster (redschietti) daughter were both shooting there. I looked at her Pardini rifle and Pardini had them on display at the match. Very nice air rifle, good feel and appears to be well made. Is it better than one of the big 3? I doubt it.... just as good I'm sure. Once you get to Ans, Walther, FWB, or even Styer... now Pardini, I think it all comes down to personal preference.
rmarsh

pardini

Post by rmarsh »

I'm sitting in the Chicago airport on the way home from bavarian airgun in Munich. My daughter & the previous poster (redschietti) daughter were both shooting there. I looked at her Pardini rifle and Pardini had them on display at the match. Very nice air rifle, good feel and appears to be well made. Is it better than one of the big 3? I doubt it.... just as good I'm sure. Once you get to Ans, Walther, FWB, or even Styer... now Pardini, I think it all comes down to personal preference.
TraLfaz

Post by TraLfaz »

I want to say thank you to everybody who replied. I am going to have to pull the trigger (pun intended) on purchasing my son's new air rifle so I have decided to go ahead and purchase the Walther. The Pardini may be a great rifle but there are just way to many questions about it. Maybe I would purchase the Pardini if I were looking at purchasing next year but we need to make the purchase now. Thanks again.