HELP!!!...Benelli MP95e scope rings

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

szczechura

HELP!!!...Benelli MP95e scope rings

Post by szczechura »

I recently purchased a Benelli MP95e from a gentleman on this site. Because of my eyesight I want to mount a Matchdot II scope on the gun. I purchased the scope but the rings that came with the gun do not fit the Benelli. The advertisement shows the scope mounted on an MP95e so I just assumed it would fit. The rail that Larry's sells is not needed as it is grooved for scope mounts. Any help from the Benelli owners to this lowly trap shooter would be appreciated.....

THANKS

Steve Szczechura
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Please explain in more detail, exactly how it does not fit. We need to see what the issue is, to suggest a solution.
mparker

Post by mparker »

I think this UD is mounted with a Millet scope ring. I don't like them (too many moving parts) but they do have an edge thin enough to grab onto the rail. Not ideal in my opinion and I'm not sure the scope wont move around during use. YMMV.

I much prefer Larry's mount. Yes, it's big and pricy but it's very light and I can take the gun apart and put it back together without losing zero. Highly recommended.

Bill Treanor

Post by Bill Treanor »

I used an Ultradot "Matchdot" when I was shooting the Benelli MP95E. I used two 30mm Millett rings on either side of the ejection port. You need to attach them tightly (preferably with blue Loctite) to prevent them from moving. However, be careful not to overtighten because I broke one doing this.

Once mounted, it worked very well for me.

Good shooting,

Bill
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

If you bought an older 95 with the scope grooves built into the frame, you nood to use air rifle rings, wich are narrower than the normal groove.
In the past when you bought the pistol and scope from Larry, he swapped out the original rings with the one that fit the 95. Later 95's do not have the grooves and you have to buy a special base from Larry. Like the one in the photo of Mparkers pistol.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

they take 22 rim fire mounts.
FredB

Benelli

Post by FredB »

The grooves on the Benellis are kind of strange. There is the bottom groove only forward of the ejection port, which looks like a Weaver groove but is not. I've never seen rings that will fit that groove although you can file on Weaver rings so they kind of work.

Then there's the upper groove both forward and rear of the ejection port, which looks like a .22 rimfire groove, but is not. The .22 rimfire rings will work, but they are not ideal, because the groove is most similar to the European airgun groove, which has an angle that's 5* different from the rimfire mount. So airgun rings work (grab and hold) the best. I use B-Square low airgun rings, which are reliable and inexpensive. Because they are horizontally split, I can remove and replace the red dot with little zero change. Vertically split rings won't do that.
slimjim

Post by slimjim »

I purchased a Benilli 95E and found a Tasco Pro point on Ebay and the rings that came with it I believe were tasco rings every thing was still in the org box, worked very well and everything was quite reasonable it was used of coarse but very little and I fined it to be a very good scope for the money. The rings never loosen up. Can be taken off and gun cleaned and reinstalled with maybe two clicks to zero.
Like Fred B said the milled area in front of chamber wont fit nothing. I not recommending this but it was done to my gun before I bought it. It had two slots milled deeper across top of barrel it doesn't loss any integrity and doesn't inhibit the weapons operation. if one would think he had to mount a scope that for forward. I like mine crossing the chamber although ejected shell cases do hit it but doesn't interfere with operation. Pictures hopefully attached. Can't seem to be able to get two attachments to go.so milled area picture will have to wait.
Jim..
Attachments
Benilli#10.jpg