replace 1413 stock

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

gasmann

replace 1413 stock

Post by gasmann »

I presently use an Anschutz 1413 in the original walnut stock with the non-adjustable cheekpiece. I would be interested in finding the same stock only with the adjustable cheekpiece. Having a little trouble getting a good cheek weld especially in prone. Perhaps someone out there has one they would be willing to part with, or maybe we could work out a trade.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

If your stock fits except for the cheekpiece, maybe the cheapest way would be to have an adjustable cheekpiece installed. If you are handy at woodwork this can be a home project; the adjustment hardware can be bought on line.

If you want a new stock, any 1413 (made since 1971), 1613, 1813, or 1913 stock will have an adjustable cheekpiece, and your barrel/action would drop in, as would the common aftermarket stocks like the Grunig & Elmiger, System Gemini, and MEC. The only trouble you may have is if you have a very old 1413, and the new stock has been epoxy bedded under the barrel. Early 1413 barrels were wider at the breech end, and the bedding compound would need to be sanded back a fraction. If your 1413 barrel is the standard parallel form, it should be fine.

You might try posting this in the Buy, Sell, Trade section, if you have not already.
mobarron

stock

Post by mobarron »

I have as 2013 stock for sale which would require glass bedding. But it's absolutely the best prone or position stock that you will find. E-mail me at mobarron@charter.net for photos. Mike Barron
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

Anschutz makes an adapter plate (model 4980, IIRC) for installing a round action in a square stock, so no glass bedding required.

But as Tim S said, you should be able to track down a 1413, 1613, or 1813 stock without too much trouble. Chesebro Rifles may have one, as that's where I got mine.
rapidfireXring

Post by rapidfireXring »

Doan Trevors a top gunsmith has a feature on his webpage doing this.

http://doantrevor.com/2013/04/08/thumbh ... clude=4337