7 degree offset Rink pardini bullseye grip

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
toconnell50

7 degree offset Rink pardini bullseye grip

Post by toconnell50 »

Will the 7 degree offset be ok for a right dominate eye??? How much diff does it make for a right dominate/right handed shooter...

I always seem to be hitting on the left side of the target, and would this lock my wrist up any better to overcome that problem????

I usually end up adding some material to my grips anyway... Big hands, long fingers...
Any input would be appreciated Thanks Tommy
rmca

Re: 7 degree offset Rink pardini bullseye grip

Post by rmca »

toconnell50 wrote:I usually end up adding some material to my grips anyway... Big hands, long fingers...
I would say yes.

It´s always easier to remove than it is to add... and you´ll still end up with an all wood grip.

Hope this helps
pistol champ

Post by pistol champ »

The big help with the 7 degree is when you are right eye right hand and your shoulders are turned about 45 degrees to the target. If you stand with your shoulders pointed to the target do not get this option.
erikc76

Post by erikc76 »

pistol champ wrote:The big help with the 7 degree is when you are right eye right hand and your shoulders are turned about 45 degrees to the target. If you stand with your shoulders pointed to the target do not get this option.
I disagree. I have the 7 degree on my grip and I have a 80 degree angle to the target.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

erikc76 wrote:
pistol champ wrote:The big help with the 7 degree is when you are right eye right hand and your shoulders are turned about 45 degrees to the target. If you stand with your shoulders pointed to the target do not get this option.
I disagree. I have the 7 degree on my grip and I have a 80 degree angle to the target.
If you're cross dominant (left eye / right hand) then the 7 degree should help you no matter what stance angle you have. That said if you have a steyr you can acheive a fair degree of twist of the grip just using the internal screws in the frame, but you could offset the grip too much such that it won't fit in the measuring box.

Rob.
pistol champ

Post by pistol champ »

Eric76,

Sorry I did not go into all dozens of small details when getting fitted for a grip, but one of the things mentioned when I was getting fitted if you have thin hands and long fingers the 7 degree might work when your stance is more squared off to the target. I personally have a thick hand with long fingers so I could not do this. A lot has to do with the shape of your arm. I highly recommend that you go to a place that can really work with you and spend the day or two to get your grip correct to make it work with your body. I recommend the people that work with the Olympic pistol shooters.
dam8

Post by dam8 »

i have a nill grip with a 7 deg. offset. it took me 2 trips to the range (and my home shop) for dry fire practice , to get angles, alignment. when i liked it, i used an engraver to re stipple. being left eye dominant, and 80 isn deg. to the target.
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

RobStubbs wrote:but you could offset the grip too much such that it won't fit in the measuring box.
Just wanted to say I have my Steyr's grip angled as much as possible as described and never had a problem fitting in the box at Colorado Springs or Fort Benning.

-= Jab
djsomers

Post by djsomers »

I had the 7 degree offset and did not like it. I am right handed and right eye dominant. The offset made my hand and wrist position awkward and uncomfortable. If you are shooting to the left of the bull, you can also try moving your foot position to turn your body a bit more to the right.
RJP

My humble opinion

Post by RJP »

Tommy,

If all your shots are hitting on the left side of the target, adjust your sights.

If some of your shots are hitting on the left side of your target, take a look at the AMU Wheel of Misfortune. It will suggest that maybe your finger is not on the trigger correctly. Also, do not try to pull the trigger when the sights are momentarily lined up on the target. Accept your wobble and slowly mash that trigger.

7 degree offset is really for left eye/right hand shooters.

Get back to the fundamentals of shooting. A firm grip, sight alignment and trigger control.