Scope recommendation

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Scope recommendation

Post by Guest »

I would like some suggestions on some high end fixed scopes please. I really dont want one with parallax setting or illuminated but if thats all that you can find then thats better than nothing. Just looking to find a simple fixed scope and Im willing to spend up to 200.00
I have a RWS 34P, 22 cal., Shooting 20 to 30 yards. Maybe an occasional 40 yards.
Thanks
DLS

Post by DLS »

What type of shooting do you do? Plinking? Paper? Mixed?

Do you shoot mostly standing or off rests / positions?

What optical power range are you interested in?

Note that this is a spring piston air gun, so you need to obtain an air gun rated scope (if you are not familiar why, just ask).

Post by Guest »

Mostly squirrel but some paper. Mostly resting. Prefer 6x
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

a better airgun forum to ask this question in is over at yellowforum.com

Post by Guest »

Thanks for all the help. I called the company that I bought from and I couldnt refuse the credit they gave me for my original (junk) scope that came with the gun as a combo kit and pay the difference for this scope...
http://www.hawkeoptics.com/hawke-airmax ... 40-ao.html
They were very nice where I bought the gun from and I believe Im going to be a happy camper. I wanted a fixed scope but like I said I couldnt refuse the offer. I will only mention the name of the company where I bought it from if its allowed.
Thanks again.