Which scope?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

kkayser

Which scope?

Post by kkayser »

I am buying my first high power scope for target use only. It will be either 6-24x50 or 8-32x50+. I have narrowed the choice down to Nikon or Sightron. I want fine crosshairs and Sightron does not offer them in the 6-24x50. Nikon has an 8-32x50+ but the windage and elevation adjustments are very limited, so it is off the list. So, it comes down to the Nikon 6-24 vs Sightrom 8-32. Nikon is almost $200 less than the Sightron.

Any and all opinions are welcome.
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

I have a Sightron 36×42 fixed mag scope with the 1/8MOA FCdot that I have used for smallbore BR. It is a brilliant scope and I would not hesitate recommending the Sightron, worth every penny. I think it is every bit as good as both the Weaver T36 or the old Leupold BR36. As for magnification, for target use only I do not think that you can have too much. I have shot prone with 40× mag in the past, although that was with a Tasco 10-40×50 and the quality was like looking through an old milk bottle in comparison to the Sightron, or even the collection of Optimate target scopes that I have.

Alan