Mec vs Tec-hro buttplate

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Valrog

Mec vs Tec-hro buttplate

Post by Valrog »

I am looking to buy a buttplate for my FWB 2700. Right now I just have the standard FWB buttplate and am looking between the tec-hro fusion and the mec free position. Any thoughts? I am open to other suggestions as well. Thanks!
BM

Post by BM »

I have only used the MEC free position. Although all the different ways to setup look great this buttplate is also hard to fix. Especially in prone, were you have more pressure on the hook, the angle of the top part might change. Therefore I greased all screws to prevent such from happening.

Taking that in consideration I think this is even worse with the Fusion as several part are 360 degree moveable. Some other shooters also complained about this.

Is there a possibility for you to test both buttplates?
speen

Tec-hro comment

Post by speen »

While I like the design of the fusion, I will say that the aluminum hex-head screws strip quite easily. My 5'2" daughter was able to strip several heads! Fortunately we were able to swap them out, but I just recommend being very careful, and using a torque wrench vs a standard hex wrench.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

Both are very adjustable obviously. We have two or three of each. We prefer the Tecro. Neither are a good choice if you plan on adjusting it between positions at a match. Disaster waiting to happen. My opinion is that you need one for each position if you are using this type of BP. Also be forwarned that ISSF may measure all the way to the vertical rod, when they check BP depth, on the MEC, if they think it touches the jacket
lerm

Post by lerm »

redschietti wrote:Both are very adjustable obviously. We have two or three of each. We prefer the Tecro. Neither are a good choice if you plan on adjusting it between positions at a match. Disaster waiting to happen. My opinion is that you need one for each position if you are using this type of BP. Also be forwarned that ISSF may measure all the way to the vertical rod, when they check BP depth, on the MEC, if they think it touches the jacket
Hi, just wondering what you are basing your warning of "ISSF may measure all the way to the vertical rod.." on. Have you had experience with them measuring that way? Are you talking specifically about interational matches or national junior matches held in the USA? I'm curious as measuring like that is totally outside of the rules. Appreciate your input.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

Was at USA nationals in Benning, they were fresh off rule interpritations meetings. They made several shooters modify on PET day