8M Air Pistol Targets

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
hibobg

8M Air Pistol Targets

Post by hibobg »

Gaging interest in 8M air pistol targets. I’m thinking of having some 8M targets made by Kruger. They would be basically the standard 17mm x 17mm target card that they make for USAS and would fit in an Edelmann pellet trap but would be true scale to the 8M distance. The challenge to this is that they will only do a 15,000 target minimum order and the price is $49.00 USD per 1000. There is no way that I would use that many so I would be looking to sell 10000 to 12000 targets. I would sell somewhere at the same price that I got them for plus whatever the prorated shipping is to get them to me plus the cheapest shipping (USPS) would be to anywhere in the US to get them to you. No more copying, cutting and taping paper to a card to use in the trap. Pricey, but much less PIA.

Would anyone be interested in something like this?
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

I don't think you mean 8 metre targets you really want 10 metre targets for AP. "Doc"
hibobg

Post by hibobg »

No. It really is 8M. I don't have 10M to train in at home. I do have 8M (26.24 ft). I would use these targets for training and practice matches at home.
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

I'd take some. 1k or so. You may want to talk to them about scaling down the paper too, if you do area hold on a reduced bull but not reduced card stock when you shoot for real at 10m you'll be surprised to see the bottom edge of the paper in between your front post and rear sight.

-= jab
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

That's an important point. And it wouldn't be too difficult to make a differently coloured plate to drop the smaller targets into, even out of cardboard if you're not into metal work, and just drop that plate into your trap in place of normal paper.

My most practical space for training at home is only 5 metres. But that works out well for making reduced targets. I just print 4 small targets on the unused corners of my normal 10 metre targets as they only have holes near the middle, then cut them out leaving appropriately scaled off-white space around the smaller black. Not very practical for scoring, but I'm not scoring training targets anyway. All that's important is that they look exactly the same through my sights as the full-scale targets do at 10 metres.
dronning

Post by dronning »

Download the SCATT software here
http://www.scattusa.com/?gclid=COmb-Zzz ... loads/cy8c

You can create a target for any distance using their target print tool. I take the output and create a multi bull target that is correct and then print it on the backside of surplus Kruger targets. I bought way too many 600yard reduced NMAR targets.

Their software is free because about all you can do with it without the trainer is print targets and model other peoples saved sessions. Be careful though if you play around with the software too much you may end up with a SCATT - I did.
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin