Daisy 717 Grips??

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Jack Straw

Daisy 717 Grips??

Post by Jack Straw »

As I inch my way back into pistol shooting after many years I unearthed my old Daisy 717 I bought from Gil Hebard. That old nail is still a great shooter but the plastic grips (which were bad from the start) have got to go.

Does anyone have a source for quality wood grips for these pistols? A brief Google search failed to bring up anything promising. Maybe someone has a pair stashed in a drawer somewhere??
Jack Straw

Post by Jack Straw »

It seems rbgrips.net makes some nice wood grips to the stock pattern. Prices look good. They are not a full target grip but perhaps could be the "chassis" for adding a heel shelf and some re-contouring.
MSC

Post by MSC »

The grips from a 777 are pretty nice wood ones. I think you could probably get them right from Daisy. Might be pricey, but worth a shot... No pun intended :)
Rover

Post by Rover »

MSC has it right. I don't think anyone cares enough to make a custom grip for a 717 (it would cost about 4X the cost of the gun), though you could do a job yourself on a 777 grip.
Jack Straw

Post by Jack Straw »

Rover,
Yep, I guess Rink isn't interested in doin' Daisy grips. I'll look for the wood 777 grips with an eye toward making them over. BTW, I see you're in Scottsdale. I was down there last week and had lunch at Barrio Queen...wow! that is some good food. Tacos like they fix make a trip down your way for a match look better all the time.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Barrio Queen? Waay too upscale for the slobs I shoot with. We all hit the sleazy Mex joints near the range for cerveza y tacos.

Actually, the best, though not typical, Mexican food in Arizona is at La Hacienda at the Scottsdale Princess resort. Try the guacamole at Happy Hour.

Hit the place (it's on your way, sorta) when you come down for a match.