Smallbore Outdoor Target Stand Plans

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Dustin Clays

Smallbore Outdoor Target Stand Plans

Post by Dustin Clays »

Hey- anyone have a plan they're willing to share to make an outdoor target stand for smallbore rifle targets? I am looking for details on the ones using the 2"x 2" lumber frame. What lengths and widths should they be?

Also- what is the official height they should be for shooting OUTDOOR smallbore at 50 yards, 50M and 100 yards?

I now have a backstop in my yard- and now just need a target frame. I know there are many styles, but I'd like to stick to the style my daughters are used to seeing at the ranges (i.e. camp perry shooting camp). They were constructed of 2x2's and also dropped into pieces of PVC pipe in the ground-(I may not do this part- however...) they also had folding arm to hang the backer from.

I figured there'd be a pdf file out there- but I can't seem to locate it.

Thanks-
bdutton

Re: Smallbore Outdoor Target Stand Plans

Post by bdutton »

Dustin Clays wrote:Hey- anyone have a plan they're willing to share to make an outdoor target stand for smallbore rifle targets? I am looking for details on the ones using the 2"x 2" lumber frame. What lengths and widths should they be?

Also- what is the official height they should be for shooting OUTDOOR smallbore at 50 yards, 50M and 100 yards?

I now have a backstop in my yard- and now just need a target frame. I know there are many styles, but I'd like to stick to the style my daughters are used to seeing at the ranges (i.e. camp perry shooting camp). They were constructed of 2x2's and also dropped into pieces of PVC pipe in the ground-(I may not do this part- however...) they also had folding arm to hang the backer from.

I figured there'd be a pdf file out there- but I can't seem to locate it.

Thanks-
Check the rules for the target height:

http://www.usashooting.org/library/Rule ... N_TECH.pdf

Section 6.3.9 is the correct section I think.
Hap Rocketto

Target Frames

Post by Hap Rocketto »

Mr. Clays,

See Drawing A-36 and A-27 in this document. They are very similar, if not identical, to the Perry frames.

http://www.bchm.org/activities/austinto ... ok.pdf.pdf

Hap
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

We use a section of old "hog panel" and a couple of metal fence posts. Clip a target on it and cut out the metal where the bulls are. Easy fast and cheap. Being from MN i bet you know what im talking about