Bottom white out front sight - German to English please

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
seamaster

Bottom white out front sight - German to English please

Post by seamaster »

Could someone please translate this for me?

The only word I picked up is "Presbyopia", what did the article say? This white bottom front sight better for Presbyopia?

Das vierte Kontrollweiß
Posted on Juli 21, 2013
Die Gewehrdisziplinen sind ein monumentales Beispiel dafür, was man beim Visieren zwischen Diopter und Korntunnel alles veranstalten kann. Veränderliche Blenden, bunte Ringkornscheiben, Adleraugen, Libellen usw. lassen dem Gewehrschützen ein breites Feld an Möglichkeiten das Zielen innerhalb der Regelwerkgrenzen zu vereinfachen. Und nur das Vereinfachen kann doch am Ende der Schlüssel für ein ordentliches Zielen und Treffen sein. Ein Ansatz von mir zu noch mehr Kontrolle der einfachen Visierung beim Pistolenschießen führte erst einmal in eine Sackgasse.

Ursprünglich hatte ich bereits 2007 schon darüber nachgedacht mir eine zusätzliche Kontrollmöglichkeit beim Visieren zu schaffen, um noch genauer die Höhe des Kornes in der Kimme bestimmen zu können. In dem ich einen Teil des sichtbaren Kornes im Kimmenausschnitt mit einer weißen Abdeckung ausstattete. Damit war – bei genügend Licht auf dem Korn – neben dem Weiß unterhalb des Spiegels und den beiden Lichthöfen der Kimme ein weiteres Weiß entstanden. Sichtbar war nun unterhalb des Spiegels nur ein schwarzes liegendes Rechteck des Korns im Kimmenausschnitt zu sehen.

schematische Darstellung

Nach mehreren Trainings musste ich allerdings feststellen, dass dies eine zusätzliche Belastung für das zielende Auge bedeutete. Und ließ die Idee wieder fallen.

Erst als altersbedingt meine Augen mehr Schwierigkeiten mit der Akkomodation (Presbyopie) hatten, ließ ich das vierte Kontrollweiß wieder aufleben, da es ein kontrastreichere Abbildung des Kornes ermöglichte. Das Auge fokussiert damit leichter auf dem Korn. Das Zielen bleibt aber auch jetzt noch eine anstrengende Aufgabe für das Auge.

Bereits an meiner Hämmerli Mod. 150 war ein Halteblech am Kornhalter vorgesehen, um ein kleines weißes Kunststoffplättchen zu klemmen. An der Morini wurde mittels einer M2-Gewindebohrung ein Plastikplättchen direkt angeschraubt.

Kunststoffplättchen am Korn der CM84E

An der Luftpistole habe ich das mit einem Kunststoffhütchen auf der Innensechskantschraube als Kornbefestigung realisieren können.

Hütchen an der LP10

Wie das über die Visierung der LP aussieht kann man leider nur schwer auf einer Fotografie darstellen.

Kornerfassung LP

Sicher ist das vierte Weiß auch weiterhin eine zusätzliche Belastung für das Auge, aber das kleinere Übel in Hinblick auf ein besser wahrnehmbares kontraststarkes Korn. Und Zielen beruht nun mal auf einer (70%igen bis ……dazu mehr in einem anderen Beitrag) 100%igen Kontrolle des Korns. Abhilfe schaffen hier Augenpausen, ohne Schießbrille, mit dem Wandern des Blickes auf diverse Entfernungen im Umfeld des Schützen und das Schließen der Augen zur Entspannung.

Wichtig für den ambitionierten Schützen sollte sein, Lösungen für ihm eigene Probleme zu suchen! Der Schütze mit einem großen Portfolio an Varianten wird erfolgreicher sein.

Veröffentlicht unter Technik | Kommentar hinterlassen
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

slofyr

Re: Bottom white out front sight - German to English please

Post by slofyr »

seamaster wrote:Could someone please translate this for me?
http://translate.google.com/

Note where it says "Type text or a website address or translate a document."
seamaster

seamaster

Post by seamaster »

The fourth control White
Posted on July 21, 2013
The rifle disciplines are a monumental example of what you can hold everything in between visors rear sight and front sight. Variable aperture, colorful ring grain discs, eagle eye, dragonflies, etc. let the gunners a wide field of possibilities to simplify the objectives within the limits of rules. And can only simplifying but in the end the key to a decent aiming and shooting his. An approach from me to even more control of the simple sight in pistol shooting led only once in a deadlock.

Originally I had already in 2007 been thinking about me a extra check to create the visors in order to more accurately determine the amount of grain in the rear sight can. In which I endowed part of the visible grain in the rear sight cut with a white cover. So that was - if there is enough light on the grain - in addition to white below the mirror and the two atria of the rear sight, another White emerged. Visible was now visible in the rear sight cut below the level of just a black vertical rectangle of the grain.

schematic

After several training sessions, however, I realized that this meant an additional burden for the aiming eye. And let the idea fall again.

Only when my eyes due to age had more trouble with the accomodation (presbyopia), I had the fourth control White revived, as it enabled a high-contrast image of the grain. The eye that focuses light on the grain. But the goals remain even now a strenuous task for the eye.

Already on my Hammerli Mod 150 a retaining plate was provided at the front sight holder to clamp a small white plastic plate. At the Morini, a plastic plate was bolted directly using an M2 threaded hole.

Plastic plate on the grain CM84e

At the gun I have to realize that with a plastic cap on the Allen screw securing the grain.

Cones on the LP10

What this looks like the sight of the LP can be unfortunately hard to represent on a photograph.

Particle detection LP

Surely the fourth white is still an additional burden on the eye, but the lesser evil in terms of a more perceptible-contrast grain. And objectives based on a now times (70% to ...... more about that in another post) 100% control of the grain. The remedy here eyes pauses without shooting glasses with hiking look at various distances in the vicinity of the shooter and the closing of the eyes to relax.

Important for ambitious shooters should be to search for solutions to his own problems! The shooter with a large portfolio of variants will be more successful.

Posted in Technology | Leave a reply
ruig

Post by ruig »

In two words:
Jörg experimented with sights. He added one more control parameter - white stripe below front sight, to be able to control the height of the front sight more exactly. Jörg writes this method caused excessive eyestrain and he dropped it.

Some years later Jörg tried again and it helped him to focus on the front sight (due to presbyopia).

Presbyopia is a condition where, with age, the eye exhibits a progressively diminished ability to focus on near objects.