Pardini FPM and K12

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Tracker

Pardini FPM and K12

Post by Tracker »

Well, once again the Italian designers have proven their worth. I recently purchased a Pardini FPM and a K12 air gun. At one point in my International shooting journey I shot (quite well actually) a PGP75 Free pistol, and even though I shot good scores with it, the gun was a little.....rustic.
I purchased these guns NIB, sight unseen, based on the recommendations of the great folks at Pardini USA (Emil and Vladimir) Boy was I ever surprised when I opened the box! The fit, finish, and quality of workmanship far surpassed my expectations. For me, the grip will require a little "tinkering" but it comes closer than any other Free pistols I've used. It will not require massive amounts of putty.
Your most obvious question is-- but do they shoot? Dynamically! The triggers, IMHO, are the best on the market. The balance and lack of perceived recoil plus the ability to point naturally will elevate even a beginners confidence and skill level.
Pardini's quality and success stems from the fact, that they make every part of every model themselves. They do not rely on outside suppliers, who may or may not, get it right. Guns designed by shooters, built by shooters, for shooters.
Hope this post has been helpful for anyone in the market for a new gun.
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Tracker;

Obviously you made a great choice for your needs, congrats.
Kind of funny, your post could be used as a promo for Pardini :)

Quick story;
Back when Pardini USA first opened I had cash in hand for a free pistol.
Responded with had one in stock and could have it with the factory grip or the used grip that was modified, my choice.
Asked to send pic's to decide which I would purchase.
Never happened and purchased a Hammerli FP60, never looked back to Pardini for anything they offer.
Even purchased an LP1 steyr for air pistol.
If they would have just came through with the potential purchase by me asking for pic's I may have been a Pardini fan boy also.

Just saying.
Clarence
conradin

Post by conradin »

Customer service can make a big difference. Potentially one nice sale experience means a person will buy an entire set of firearms, and then the entire set of firearms for everyone in the family, and then friends.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

Since you have owned both, are the sights on the FPM made the same as on the PGP 75?
I bought a PGP 75 for a backup gun but the sights seem to be made out of stamped sheet metal as opposed to machined. I am in the shopping mode for a new FP and I think that the FPM is the only currently made free pistol with a mechanical trigger. So far my conclusion is that there may not be any new guns with the workmanship of my Hammerli 150, but I hope to see a FPM in person or hear more detailed reviews.
rmca

Post by rmca »

brent375hh wrote:Since you have owned both, are the sights on the FPM made the same as on the PGP 75?
Nop, on the FPM you can adjusted width of the rear gap with a screw.
TB

Post by TB »

brent375hh wrote:I am in the shopping mode for a new FP and I think that the FPM is the only currently made free pistol with a mechanical trigger.
Not true. Match Guns MG5 is also made with a mechanical trigger and is considerable cheaper than the FPM.
jipe

Post by jipe »

TB wrote:
brent375hh wrote:I am in the shopping mode for a new FP and I think that the FPM is the only currently made free pistol with a mechanical trigger.
Not true. Match Guns MG5 is also made with a mechanical trigger and is considerable cheaper than the FPM.
The Hammerli FP60 has also a mechanical trigger and is still in production from Walther.
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

The new Hammerli FP60's are made in Germany.
They are all mechanical triggers.

The older ones like mine with the blue frame are still marked Switzerland just before they changed(mine is anyway).

I believe the German ones are black framed.

Very good mechanical trigger free pistols in my opinion.

Clarence
D.R. badge #99