Rapid Fire target acquisition

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jabberwo

Rapid Fire target acquisition

Post by jabberwo »

Hi,

Just taking up Rapid Fire. From reading articles online, it seems center hold is most recommended so I'm trying that. I'm having a lot of trouble with figuring out when I'm holding on the vertical center without letting my eyes wonder to the target searching for the white lines! I know I shouldn't, with my 10m AP I'm pretty good at keeping focus on just the front site.

Any ideas from those who have solved this problem? I was wondering about some kind of "area aim" where I hold below the center so I can see the bulge of the actual vertical center -- but think it will be hard not to try and peak at the bull...

My eyeglass lens' focal length is right at the front site -- the target is real blurry, hard to make out the lines even when I'm focusing on the target itself.

thanks,
jab
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

The tip is to practice and believe in your self. You only need to aim in an area so don't worry about the preciseness. Also remembering the time you have, you just need to raise then shoot, especially in 4 seconds.

I actually aim around the bottom of the 10 ring I think, but it's just where I naturally settle rather any specific point. Aim where you're comfortable and set the sights accordingly. As with most things, lots of practice will make it second nature.

Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Jab, you have given the exact reasons why I decided to area aim somewhere into the bottom half of the target.