Morini 84E questions

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
brent375hh

Morini 84E questions

Post by brent375hh »

I am currently using a Hammerli 150 and was wondering about making a purchase of something newer. I have a few questions about the 84E.

Does the compensator cake up with lead, and if so is it east to clean?

Does the watch battery conversion work as well as it is intended?

Are there any weaknesses to the gun as far as reliability?

Should I assume a Morini large grip on a LP10 should fit the same as a 84E large since they are made by the same company? This is ignoring the differences in the two design differences.

Thanks
mctrucky

Post by mctrucky »

As standard it doesn't have a compensator. The thing that looks like a compensator from the side is just a weight/front sight mount.

Watch battery convertor - don't know, always just buy the correct battery online - never had a problem getting one - last one came from Germany.

Weaknesses - not that I am aware of except accidentally leaving switched on which flattens the battery (morini air pistol has auto shut off to prevent this)

I wouldn't make too many assumptions about the grip - they are very different. Best to buy something too big and cut it down, than to buy something too small and have to build it up - just my opinion.

McT
conradin

Re: Morini 84E questions

Post by conradin »

brent375hh wrote:I am currently using a Hammerli 150 and was wondering about making a purchase of something newer. I have a few questions about the 84E.

Never shot enough to experience it, but cleaning the long compensator is a frustrating task.
brent375hh wrote: Are there any weaknesses to the gun as far as reliability?
It can get dirty easily clean it as often as possible. The firing pin can accumulate dirt and once there is enough junk stuck inside the breech where the firing pin is, you can no longer fire the pistol as the firing pin cannot totally eject itself out of the breech. That area is so small you really need to clean it hard. It does not take much but 0.1mm deep of dirt is enough to make a difference between firing and not firing. So better clean the pistol often than having the frustrating task of dissembling the breech and clean every part inside it.
brent375hh wrote: Should I assume a Morini large grip on a LP10 should fit the same as a 84E large since they are made by the same company? This is ignoring the differences in the two design differences.
Ask the company.

Thanks[/quote]
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I have a Morini 84e and the grip I got, in the size that fits for other conventional pistols was a tad on the small side. I recommend going one size up from your other grips, and adjusting accordingly.
FredB

Re: Morini 84E questions

Post by FredB »

My experiences with an older 84e are not the same as the above opinions. See individual notes below.

brent375hh wrote:I am currently using a Hammerli 150 and was wondering about making a purchase of something newer. I have a few questions about the 84E.

Any compensator with small outlet holes is going to get clogged and be difficult to clean.

Does the watch battery conversion work as well as it is intended?
Don't know, but you can make your own converter with a length of heat-shrink tubing.

Are there any weaknesses to the gun as far as reliability?
With some ammo, extracting a loaded round can be difficult. Overall reliability excellent. Not more prone to getting dirty than any other FP.

Should I assume a Morini large grip on a LP10 should fit the same as a 84E large since they are made by the same company? This is ignoring the differences in the two design differences.
The 4 Morini grips I tried all were true to nominal size and comparable in size/fit to other Morini grips for other guns.

Thanks