Ich bin es liebewoll!

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

Ich bin es liebewoll!

Post by Rover »

Ernie Rodriguez

Utube Video

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

Interesting and valid comparison.The only difference I see in this video between A.H and slick Barry Soto- is one individual has a mustache.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hey, Ernie,
We met one time while you were at the Desert MidWinter with the USAMU guys. We had lunch with Zurek in a Mexican bar. Amazing you could walk out on your own! (kidding!)
Cor508

Nuts

Post by Cor508 »

Posts and videos like this is why I refuse to support anything the NRA and 2nd amendment groups propose. As long as idiotic videos like this are viewed as ANYTHING other than the paranoid ravings of an unstable mind and denounced as such by 2nd ammendment proponents. They will accomplish nothing but provide more evidence that gun restriction is indeed needed.
Isabel1130

Re: Nuts

Post by Isabel1130 »

Cor508 wrote:Posts and videos like this is why I refuse to support anything the NRA and 2nd amendment groups propose. As long as idiotic videos like this are viewed as ANYTHING other than the paranoid ravings of an unstable mind and denounced as such by 2nd ammendment proponents. They will accomplish nothing but provide more evidence that gun restriction is indeed needed.

I am sure in the absence of stupid Internet videos, you would find some other fig leaf to allow you to feel superior about your deeply held emotional biases.

You will never hold the left to the same standard, because it is not about fairness.
Ernie Rodriguez

Reply to Cor508

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

If you were more knowledgeable about history,which you are obviously not,you would notice a trend in the dictator type countries,that the first thing done is to restrict firearms for the masses-along with their freedom. Most Americans do not want to wait for that to happen. Feel free to go to those countries to find out if,in fact,crime is lower. And if someone should break into your house-call 911. Let us know how that works out.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

If people are pointing out historical facts rather than just linking to hackneyed video clips which are re-subtitled for every little issue that comes along, what about the fact that US citizen's freedoms were dramatically curtailed by the Homeland Security Act and its follow-up legislative abominations, and the fact that these crimes against your freedoms were instituted under a 'Republican' government such as so many NRA members seem to favour. So is it only to be the one sort of freedom, the 'right to bear arms' which is desired, while the freedom to, for instance, have a private phone conversation or send a private email message can just vanish without protest? Government is protecting the people, apparently, but listening in on every little thing and limiting amounts of liquids carried onto airplanes, but the real problem is that the right to carry a gun is threatened?

I'd put weapons quite far down my personal list of desired and inherent freedoms. What about the right of the individual to earn an income without having it illegally taxed, as is happening still in both the USA and Canada? This crime of such massive scale that it's hard even to calculate the sums involved was brought into effect almost 100 years ago in Canada and nearly as long ago in the US, in both cases justified as necessary to support war efforts. A temporary tax. Woops.
jr

Post by jr »

Well-said, Gerard.