current rules: cylinder age?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
bruce em

current rules: cylinder age?

Post by bruce em »

I haven't kept up on the rules: is there an age limit for air cylinders for use in the USASNC at Ft Benning?

My Morini 162EI's are 2001 vintage

How about CO2 cylinders, does age matter there? I have a 1999 Steyr LP1. Cylinder has no date but says 250 bar max. That rating applies to applications for air, not CO2 which has much lower pressure

Also are the AHG Allround shoes again from 2004 time frame still legal?

thanks!

Want to get back in the saddle! Havent been since 2006
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

According to USA Shooting's cylinder policy you won't be allowed to use air or CO2 cylinders over 10 years old, or those without a date, from December this year.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Well, I guess that's pretty plain. Does YOUR club check cylinders? Well, do you feel lucky, punk?
conradin

Post by conradin »

I'll keep my four expired cylinders for practice at home, and the new one for competition then.
scausi

Post by scausi »

Early Morini 162ei cylinders have a 20 yr life ptinted on them , new one,s have 10 yr,
so you may be in luck , another rule open to interptitation,
iF GUARENTEED 20 LIFE SPAN HOW CAN THEY NOT BE PASSED , you will have to ask the relevant person
David Levene

Re: age

Post by David Levene »

scausi wrote:Early Morini 162ei cylinders have a 20 yr life ptinted on them , new one,s have 10 yr,
iF GUARENTEED 20 LIFE SPAN HOW CAN THEY NOT BE PASSED , you will have to ask the relevant person
How can you interpret "...air cylinders used in USA Shooting events and activities are considered expired and may not be used if more than ten years old..."
scausi

Post by scausi »

David Levene wrote:
scausi wrote:Early Morini 162ei cylinders have a 20 yr life ptinted on them , new one,s have 10 yr,
How can you interpret "...air cylinders used in USA Shooting events and activities are considered expired and may not be used if more than ten years old..."

I didi,nt say they could,nt be used i stated the obvious , the origial post said that , OPEN YOUR EYES
"SORRY YOU STATED THAT SO GIVE YOURSELF THE GRIEF"
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

scausi wrote:
David Levene wrote:

I didi,nt say they could,nt be used i stated the obvious , the origial post said that , OPEN YOUR EYES
"SORRY YOU STATED THAT SO GIVE YOURSELF THE GRIEF"
What you said was "...another rule open to interptitation...".

It doesn't matter what maximum life a manufacturer puts on a product, if USAS say you cannot use anything older than 10 years in competitions under their control then how can you interpret it any differently.