that feeling...

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
DanielSwe

that feeling...

Post by DanielSwe »

Last saturday was the second 50m pistol match this season, and it was on a lovely spring day! No wind, nice, steady lighting from a cold spring sun.
Started out at -1 celsius and at the end of the match it had climbed to +6.

Due to two small children entering my life in a short period my training has been non-existent the last 6 months, and very low before that. Only training was some 10-15 mins dry fire each night for a week after putting the little ones to sleep.
I went to the match low on expectations and high on happiness over being able to participate.

Match went ok, lots of good squeezings and too many where I lost concentration. Til I get to the fourth series.

First seven shots feels so nice! Nice trigger, good sighting pic, straight up-and-down muzzle flip! Until the eighth shot. Bad trigger and bad focus, and fortunately not due to the good shots. Just a bad shot. I followed up with a 9 and 10.

Sorry for the rambling post and bad language if there are any!
Just wanted to share a very nice feeling! Good weather, great happiness in the mind and totally relaxed. Those times it is extremely pleasant to shoot! Match ended at 545.
ModestoPete

Very Nice!

Post by ModestoPete »

I would take a group like that any day. Good job
Rover

Post by Rover »

If you don't screw up royally from time to time, you have nothing to live for.
fast shooter

Post by fast shooter »

That's a WTF!
DanielSwe

Post by DanielSwe »

Its too bad they don't happen every day :)
Did a 97 match before that. Had no seven in it!
But thats one in six, unfortunately..
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Like ModestoPete I'd take that any day.

I shot FP last weekend in comp for the first time and with a new pistol I'd taken possession of 5 days previously (FP60); I shot a PB of 476. That does not compare but it was still a very good feeling.
Bob