Walther LG300 rear sight problem

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Paul

Walther LG300 rear sight problem

Post by Paul »

To be fully comfortable with my position, I would have to move my sight 3/4'' foward. The loading lever prevents me from doing it. Is there anything that can be done ?

Thanks !

jld_in_IA

Post by jld_in_IA »

Looking at your sight, it appears to me that the only reason you can not move it forward is that the loading lever interfeers with the windage knob on the sight. Am I understanding correctly?

If this is the case, the first thought I had was to use an offset riser block. It would need enough offset to allow the windage knob to clear the lever. Not sure you want to go that route though. Does Walther make a rear site base with the knob on the other side (for lefties maybe)?

I don't know anything about the operation of the LG300, but I am guessing you need to maintain the full travel of the mechanism to re-cock for the next shot. Would a shortened lever solve the issue? Fabricating custom parts is probably not something you want to start with either. Just trying to understand the parameters of the problem.
Grzegorz

Post by Grzegorz »

This is common problem with LG300. Raisers do not help to solve the problem. There are two solutions:

1. Ask Walther's service - they have spare parts and a short lever among them.

2. Simply cut a lever as for unknown for the whole shooting world reasons it is so long :-)
I have done it twice, both LG300 work very well, and the shooters are happy having sights on a correct position and not making movements when loading like with FWB300 lever :-)

Your choice.
RobinC

300 lever

Post by RobinC »

As said a common problem solved on the 400.

Simple solution is remove the lever, warm and bend at right angle at the vee to form shorter lever.
Paul

Post by Paul »

warm and bend at right angle at the vee to form shorter lever
You mean bending the lever 90 degrees to the right (when looking from the top of the rifle) ?
nellattocs

Post by nellattocs »

The LG300 Dominator came with a shorter lever. If you don't want to modify your lever you can contact Walther and see if they have a lever form a Dominator lying around.