Great stuff!!!

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

Great stuff!!!

Post by Rover »

Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Ta

I reckoned this info should stay available, and posting on my website was a simple matter.
It's a pity I don't have any good video from some of his workshops.

Don was a great motivator.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I once took a two day seminar with Don. On other occasions we were known to have a beer or two together. Great fun!
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

I noticed this once again in the Nygord link (BTW, thanks, Rover - I lost my bookmarks in a crash) and it raises a question that I have asked before but without ever receiving a satisfying answer. So this thread is now hijacked.
Don Nygord wrote: I believe the often-iterated saying from the small bore rifle shooters that “more .22 bores are ruined by brushing them than by shooting them.” You should never have to use a brass brush on a .22 rimfire bore — patches should be all you ever use
Why are .22 barrels so sensitive to bronze bore brushes? If a CF pistol barrel gets leaded, the recommendation is to scrub the heck out of it with a bore brush wrapped in bronze wool or use a lead remover like this: http://www.brownells.com/gun-cleaning-c ... 21587.aspx which is essentially a brass screen wrapped around a rubber stopper (and requires a fair bit of strength to pull through), but the bore of a .22 must be treated like it's made of pot metal. Perché è così?

Roger
Rover

Post by Rover »

Got me! But if I had a cruddy bore it certainly would get the brush treatment. I have not needed a brush for any of my .22 bores in a loonnng time.
RossM

Post by RossM »

A few years ago I rewrote a shooting diary for my shooters. I emailed Dan and asked if I could use some of his notes. He willingly abliged. So it is good to see that it has been saved!!. Ta Spencer.