Why?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tenring

Why?

Post by tenring »

Why Is everyone selling off their SCATT's? Are they not good training tools?

Just curious what everyone's experience is. Must not be good???

Thanks,

tenring
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

I would hazard a guess that many people find that it's not an easy answer. SCATT is a very useful tool, but requires considerable application to get value from it. There may also be an element of "information overload". They set it up, use it and then wonder what all the multi-coloured spaghetti and columns of figures mean. If they take the time to find out, then it becomes an excellent goal setting tool. If they don't it ends up in the cupboard until they need a bit more cash for another gizmo.

Rutty
Mike in OZ

Post by Mike in OZ »

Do a couple people constitute everybody?

As Rutty suggests they have to used in a considered manner or they can cause more frustration than they prevent.

In my own prone rifle training experience it took me weeks to recognise that the floor surface was causing irregular reporting with the sensor. Rubbish in equals rubbish out. The solution - covering the floor with towels - isn't pretty but it works perfectly. I also found that some position variations that I experimented with in an attempt to reduce trace length and minimise an issue I have with pulse were haphazard when taken onto the range for live shooting, and the recoil pattern was too hard to read.

I consider it an excellent tool. If I've just come home from a training or competitive shoot scratching my head about something to do with position it's been very useful to jump on the SCATT to analyse the issue. However, at my level I couldn't train exclusively on it without regular live firing too.