Feinwerkbau 300 rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

JiriK

Feinwerkbau 300 rifle

Post by JiriK »

I bought an old Feinwerkbau 300 air rifle few weeks ago.

Holes on target seen pretty nice and round so the springs are not totally worn out. I read from somewhere that if speed of bullet is ~180m/s the rifle is ok and there's no need to replace seals or anything. I shot few pellets through a cronograph. Speed was 148m/s. New seals needed? Springs too?

I compete in pistol events so this rifle is mostly for fun.. But I'd like it to be in good working order.
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Spare parts should be available from the FWB dealer/importer in Finland, or they can get them for you from factory.

If you intend to overhaul the 300 yourself be carefull as its a bit tricky for first timers. There is no piston seal but a piston ring like an engine, Don't break it. The bore and piston need to be cleaned and washed out with a cleaning solvent then a few drops of moly grease in the bore and round the piston ring.
Make sure you know which model you have before ordering parts. 300 or 300S? I would suggest you find a gun smith or fellow shooter who knows how to work on these guns, as its so easy to go wrong.
Hope this helps.
JSB
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

I concur. If you don't know what to do or have someone that does available look to send it off to a well known tuner and have it completely rebuilt. Probably run you around $150. A friend recently had his redone and it shoots as good as new and will be fine for a long time to come.

Just make sure you use a reputable tuner with history.

Bo
JiriK

Post by JiriK »

It is model 300, not 300S.

According to serial no. (65xxx) it was made sometime during the first half of year 1970.

Already took the rifle apart once (except trigger mechanism) No problem there.

I have found two sources for parts already, one here in Finland and other in Germany.
gzig5

Post by gzig5 »

I picked an old 300 up about two years ago that had the original white seals. After about 25 shots, it blew out the seal on the end of the piston. I ordered the new blue seals from our host and found the dis assembly instructions either on his site or elsewhere. New seals installed with no problems or special tools required, other than standard mechanical intelligence. If you need help, let me know and I'll see what I can dig up.