Tennessee Rifle Match? Adult

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jgrinolds

Tennessee Rifle Match? Adult

Post by jgrinolds »

Hello Everybody,
My question is: Are there any open class Air Rifle or Smallbore matches in the Tennessee area, preferably west Tennessee? I have been a competitive shooter for over 11 years and shoot in college, so I know about the National level competitions across the country. I am mainly looking for state, regional, and club matches within a few hours drive open to adult shooters. I don't care if they are NRA, USA, CMP, club, ect. just as long as they are matches. I really don't have the time and money to travel over 1000 miles for every match and would like to shoot matches that are not national level every time. So again are there any? If so who do I contact about getting on the match bulletin mailing/emailing list? Thank you.
billhocker

Matches in West Tennessee

Post by billhocker »

Try Memphis Sport Shooting Association (MSSA). They have both smallbore and High Power matches. Web site might have contact info.
jgrinolds

Post by jgrinolds »

I will check MSSA out thank you!
Does any one know of open class air rifle matches in Tennessee area, such as NRA sectional, state championships, or club matches at any time during the year?
billhocker

Post by billhocker »

I don't know of any air gun matches in Tn but you might check with the NRA. Another club that holds regular smallbore prone matches is the Chattanooga Rifle Club although they are in Eastern TN. Check web site for dates. Blue Grey Gun Club in Northern Alabama has both smallbore and high power. Again, check web site.
TNRifleman

Bend in the River

Post by TNRifleman »

Bend in the River has 3P 50 yard A23 target matches every month during the summer in Cookville

http://webpages.charter.net/cpardue/botrshot.htm