Opinions on the Hammerli AR20 for 10mtr AR

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

point177

Opinions on the Hammerli AR20 for 10mtr AR

Post by point177 »

Hello I am looking for user opinions on the AR20. Will replace my FWB300S Junior. I am not looking forward to spending a lot of money on our next 10mtr air rifle.

Thanks a lot,

Manish
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Its a good upgrade from the FWB 300S and into the world of PCP air rifles. Walther make this rifle but it was originally a Hammerlie design along with the AR-30.
There are quite a few accessories available for the AR-20, which includes extra weights, and MEC butt plate etc. Check the Walther web site.

This gun will one hole group from a bench rest so there is no worries about accuracy, its the person on the trigger that counts.

Another good upgrade would be the AirArms MPR Precission, check their web site.

JSB
bchannell

Post by bchannell »

All the above are quite true, and I would only add that the AR20 does not come with front weights on the barrel and you will more than likely need them for 10M use. The gun without them, shoots more like a sporter. It really needs the extra up front weight for serious target work. This is a distinct advantage of this rifle, as it fits a couple of good shooting needs by different configurations. They are one fine rifle. Also, if you ever decide to go FT shooting, it's really not expensive to replace the regulator, and you can go 780fps. WIth a third regulator, you can even get 1020fps!