Pardini pistol availability in MA?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
vHoff

Pardini pistol availability in MA?

Post by vHoff »

I'm interested in getting a pardini .22 pistol, but realize that it's a bit more complicated since I live (fortunately not for much longer) in MA.

I read a post by Greg Derr, who I hear is the exclusive MA dealer for Pardini pistols, that all 11 models of Pardini's guns were now approved for sale in MA. Looking at the target shooting roster, though, only the FPM, FPE, and GT line of pistols are there (Source: http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/fir ... 2-2010.pdf).

None of the SP models seem to be available.

So, a few questions:

1) What's the truth? Are the SP models "MA legal" or not?

2) What is the difference between the different SP models? On Pardini's page I see models for Bullseye, rapidfire, etc. as well as the SP New vs older models like the SPE. The reason I ask is, if I need to purchase a used Pardini from a MA resident, are older models very inferior?

3) Do any of you readers potentially have one for sale? My financial situation is a bit fluid now but are these even available secondhand in MA?

Many Thanks
BEA

Pardini SP

Post by BEA »

deleted
Last edited by BEA on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Simple, call pardini and ask for Emil Milev----"Doc"
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

I'm trying to buy a Pardini myself. They're a little slow on e-mail responses, be patient.

That being said, the bullseye version has a heavier bolt (I think from the HP) to give better accuracy at 50 yards. The RF version has a looser bore to minimize recoil, but sacrifices accuracy.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

My understanding is that the SP was on the "OK" target pistol list for about 1 day before some jackass pointed out the the barrel is just under 5 inches, and is therefore illegal no matter what.

I tried a while back to get them to accept the California target pistol list, but that requires a change in the law. Such a law is in the works this year, but with the current climate, it's hard to imagine it getting much traction.
vHoff

Post by vHoff »

Oh ffs are you kidding me?

Great. So is the only chance to buy used in MA? Are there any around for sale?
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

We are working to change the barrel length requirement to 4 inches, which is not law but a regulation in the target gun roster criterium, no need for a vote, just a signature at the sec. Of public safeties office.
dam8

Post by dam8 »

There are compensators out there as an add on. Could this be considered a barrel extension? It's 1/2. To3/4" long.... Just a thought?
Chris

Post by Chris »

My SP is more than 15 yrs old and it shoots great. I shot a newer BE model recently and I did not come away thinking I need to upgrade. The 2 things I noticed about my older SP is the slide lock is easier to engage and the magazine locked in easier. I did like the newer trigger shoe. The recoil absorption on the BE model was not effective as I expected and I think this is because of the heavier bolt. The bolt was a lot heavier than my SP. I think it would be necessary for Pardini to make some adjustments to the recoil absorption system to account for the heavier bolt. Maybe the rapid fire weights and/or springs that had a bit lighter spring rate.
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

vHoff wrote:So is the only chance to buy used in MA? Are there any around for sale?
Yup, check you PMs.

-= Jab
the_doctor

Post by the_doctor »

Why are the Walthers units not on the list? Why can not Unique, FAS, Matchguns, etc. be included on the list?

It would be fair to include all of those.

Thanks
Bill
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

I think its just a matter of paper work. Greg took it on to get the Pardini's added. I asked Earl of Walther fame if he wanted to do it for Walthers, but since he's moved out of the state he doesn't appear to be interested. Too bad, I would snatch up the first Walther I could find, new or used. I love my new Pardini, but an adjustable grip would really help me.

-= chuck
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

jabberwo wrote:I think its just a matter of paper work.

-= chuck
Spoke to the Walther lady at nationals in Fort Benning, she said they recently hired someone who's job it will be to do this kind of paper work. So many states are calling everything with a magazine in front of the trigger an assault weapon (e.g. CT) that Walther feels the need protect their business interests.

-= Jab