Upgrade TOZ35 rear sight

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
rmca

Upgrade TOZ35 rear sight

Post by rmca »

I´m thinking on upgrading the rear sight on my recently bought TOZ35M.

It came with all the back and front blades, but for some reason I don't like the depth of the rear blades (to deep for me), and also the screws to adjust the elevation and windage aren't that great...

I wanted something more like the sights on an LP10.

Looking for opinions and ideas.

Is it worth it?

What back sight would you recommend?

Thanks
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Try the search function here. There was a thread about this a few years back, with some good idead. My dad's using a Morini rear sight, which I think is great. Other's swapped the whole unit for a Steyr rear sight, going a bit farther. The cheap one would be changing the blade to a Pardini style one. For what you are trying to do, the Steyr option would probably be the most satisfying, but expensive as hell. On the other hand, that way you might as well rebuild the rear sight mount and the upper part of your grip, lowering the sight line.
Chris

Post by Chris »

search for toz35 modifications
jakuda

Post by jakuda »

What rear sight from which Pardini pistol fits the Toz?
j-team

Post by j-team »

jakuda wrote:What rear sight from which Pardini pistol fits the Toz?
All Pardinis have the same rearsight, so any one of them. The old ones just have a fixed blade, the new one have an adjustable gap blade. They all mount the same way with 2 small screws.
pmessina

Post by pmessina »

So if I wanted to swap a Pardini adjustable blade rear sight with my Toz35 rear sight I could make a direct swap without any modifications? Just asking for clarification. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Paul
ken4all

Post by ken4all »

It is possible, you just need 2 screws and nuts, don't remember what size, think it's M2
TB

Post by TB »

Yes M2 is the correct size.

You will need to click down 20-30 clicks compared to the original rear sight though. So you will have to remove some of the grip under the sight. It is also not sure that you will be able to get the sight far enough down. In this case you have to make a taller front sight.

Me and my friend made this modification. My toz35 had enough room under the back sight but my friends toz35m did not. He had to get a taller front sight made to compensate.

Pictures: http://www.skytteforum.dk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

I mounted a Padini rear sight on my TOZ a while ago, and I don't think the screw holes line up. I ended up making an adapter plate from a bit of ~1/8" thick steel and set it up so that the new sight sits low enough that there were no problems with the height of the front sight.

Roger