Anschutz air cylinder observations

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

bchannell

Anschutz air cylinder observations

Post by bchannell »

This is my first pcp rifle, so bear with me being kind of ignorant of the quirks of this type of gun.

My original air cylinder has a date of 5/98, and I'm still up in the air about using it, so I bought a new one.
Just for info, it came from Champions Choice (a great place to deal with fantastic people) and was dated less than a year old.

After filling the cylinder, and releasing it over a few days, I thought I had a pretty fair ~100psi leak, but it turns out that apparently the temperature changes over the last several days, caused a change in air pressure in the small volume cylinder. I won't bore you with the details, but have read a lot about leaks on here and elsewhere and was wondering if it isn't just temperature changes causing it to appear like a leak??
SailAwayAK

Post by SailAwayAK »

what kids of temperature changes are you speaking of? We have notices that when we travel from one temp to another we do have these issues. However, our temperatures are more extreme than most. 20f going to -40f.
bchannell

Post by bchannell »

here it went from filling the cylinder and it's slightly warm to the touch, and ambient temp went from 15F to 68F over a couple of days. inside the garage it probably was more like 40F to 65F.
robf

Post by robf »

100 psi or 100 bar?