3P Stand Advice

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Reggie1979

3P Stand Advice

Post by Reggie1979 »

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy a 3P Stand and after picking myself up off the floor (after seeing the prices) I thought i'd check if anyone has any recommendations or advice on which ones to buy or to not?

Thanks
J
rmarsh

Post by rmarsh »

Here in the US Champion's Choice makes a reasonably priced stand. Nothing fancy but solid and well made. I don't know if they are available on your side of the pond. I also know a former shooter who competed at a high level for years. He adapted the cymbal stand from his brothers drum set when they were kids and used it for his entire 20+ year shooting career.
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

These work a treat with a slight alteration after you remove the lights

http://www.screwfix.com/p/double-tripod ... 240v/71555

Rutty
jamcmahon

Post by jamcmahon »

http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/Stands.html

Give these guys a try. I agree they are plenty spendy, but kind of like a pair of boots - you get what you pay for. Use it everyday and for years unend, it will pay for itself.

Look for those that have a nice "ease-of-use" such as those that tackle down and ship easy if you travel. Something sturdy that will hold up to the weight of the rifle. Nothing worse than a stand collapsing under a $3k-4k rifle...
Bntarrw

Post by Bntarrw »

We found the MEC stand packs up very nice and is very well made.
DesertShooter

Post by DesertShooter »

Don't know if it's an option for you, but you can make one out of the halogen work light stands. They don't hold up as well as you would think since they're designed for construction, but they get the job done. Over here with a light they're a lot cheaper then one of the actual offhand stands.
Levergun59

Post by Levergun59 »

I made an extra stand using an old artificial christmas tree stand, a 6' paint brush extension and some PVC pipe for the rest itself. It works very well. Total cost $11.00. It's a cheap way out so you can spend your money on more important issues like ammo.
Chris
Tanktrek

Shooting Stand

Post by Tanktrek »

I have a old neal johnson model that I would be willing to part with.
Contact RONNRA12@AOL.COM
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »