GSP Magazines

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
the_doctor

GSP Magazines

Post by the_doctor »

IS there a source for the older GSP magazines? It has appeared that GSP Meister requires a magazine with a ridge. The older GSP units do not appear to accept these magazines. It has appeared that the older magazines are identical save for the ridge.

I saw a fair price for an older GSP, but a source of magazines would be needed.

Thanks
Bill
#1texan

Post by #1texan »

ISS in Fort Worth (817-305-1817) should have some
J

Older GSP magazines

Post by J »

The observation about the magazines is correct, more or less. The very earliest GSP used a magazine without a ridge, but also the follower rises ABOVE the level of the front tip of the magazine, and higher at the rear. This high rise is needed to activate the hold open on the first series frames. This magazine will work with the second series frame, where the hold open is on the right side of the frame. The first series frame does NOT have an external hold open.

The second series magazine also has no ridge, but the follower does not rise up as high. This one will work in the first series frame, but will not activate the hold open.

This also is the easiest way to differentiate the two frames. The first series has NO hold open on the right (or external at all). The second has one on the right. There are other differences, as well, but are harder to detect.

At last conversation, Earl at USA Walther had two of the SECOND type of magazine at $125 each, plus his shipping charge. I don't know what Niel has. It is unlikely he has the first type, as his work started well after production of that first series frame stopped, but I have not asked him.

I would be curious if he has the second type and at what price. That would help me know how much to charge when I do release the extras for sale.

At this point, I'm selling the extra magazines (either first or second series) only with the guns. As I obtain (actually, surplus from items in use) more magazines, that will change, perhaps around June, possibly February. Price would be as listed with the GSP guns I had for sale, that use the older magazines, pending learning what Neal is charging.

And lastly, it is possible (and not too difficult) to make magazines for the older GSP guns from existing commercial ones. They will not activate the hold open, but otherwise funtion well if cut properly. These will not work well with the third (ribbed) and later GSP guns, due to the thinner magazine profile. For those who want them, these also canbe made on request, no limit on number, 10rd capacity however and the lower half has an open framework, not fully enclosed.