Correction re new Sauer shooting boots

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

RobStubbs

Correction re new Sauer shooting boots

Post by RobStubbs »

Following a previous posting around the new Sauer shooting boots I have asked to post the following.

Sauer ‘Perfect Style Flex’ and ‘Easy Style Flex’ shooting shoes.
Information has been received from Sauer that the entire soles of these boots are made from the same material, so do comply with the new ISSF Rule 7.5.3.2, that states, “The shoe sole must be constructed of the same material that is flexible in the forward part of the foot”. It had been incorrectly believed that these blue-coloured TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) inserts are made of a different material to the rest of the sole. This prompted a warning, repeated on several websites, stating that these shoes would fail Equipment Control because of that new rule. The statement had been incorrectly attributed to a member of the ISSF Technical Committee. In view of the information now provided by the manufacturer that statement was incorrect. I regret and apologise for any alarm and inconvenience caused to Sauer, their retailers and their customers by the statement.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Rob,

Something is unclear to me. Were you asked to post this somewhat official sounding statement? By whom? Who wrote it?

Regardless of what it says the blue stuff cannot be the "SAME" material. It may have a similar chemical composition, but it has different physical properties. Don't get me wrong here. This was a shot taken by ISSF at a manufacturer, and I do not want to see any product disallowed because of poor understanding of those who write the rules.

This sounds like some serious backside covering. and "incorrectly attributed"? I don't believe it was incorrectly attibuted. I know who said it.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Marcus wrote:Regardless of what it says the blue stuff cannot be the "SAME" material. It may have a similar chemical composition, but it has different physical properties. Don't get me wrong here. This was a shot taken by ISSF at a manufacturer, and I do not want to see any product disallowed because of poor understanding of those who write the rules.
So if it's the "same" material, just a different color, ... what? .... do the athletes now need an MSDS for their shoes? How the heck is this supposed to be enforced?
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Marcus,
Yes I was asked to post this and it has come via the ISSF. My understanding is the material is the same composition and hence it is the same. I'm not going to speculate anything, time will tell if individuals encounter problems with EQ but from what I've been told they shouldn't.

Rob.