Morini Grip Paste

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Tracker

Morini Grip Paste

Post by Tracker »

Just got a new LP10E and a big bucket of Morini grip paste. I'm asking for suggestions regarding it's proper use. For example, set-up time, proper mixing procedure, and correct application once mixed. I've tried the search function for no joy. Thanks in advance.
RobStubbs

Re: Morini Grip Paste

Post by RobStubbs »

Tracker wrote:Just got a new LP10E and a big bucket of Morini grip paste. I'm asking for suggestions regarding it's proper use. For example, set-up time, proper mixing procedure, and correct application once mixed. I've tried the search function for no joy. Thanks in advance.
Have you tried reading the instructions ? (I've always had them supplied when I bought it).

Essentially though you mix about 1/20th of the small tube with a lump of the paste. The small tube activates it so more = a more rapid setting. You'll find it goes hot as the reaction proceeds. Once it starts setting it goes wax like and can be trimmed with a knife, leave it a little longer and it sets rock solid. I tend to find smaller amounts work better than trying to make a big lump and working with it all together. You can place it on the grip and then take hold of the gun - if you want you can wear a plastic glove, but it doesn't stick too bad to your hands.

Rob.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

What Rob said, also you can dampen your hand a bit it helps it stick to your hand even less. First question since your gun if new, are you sure you need material added to your grip as opposed to having material removed?