Pardini GT45 Trigger Adjustment question

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

TheFaz

Pardini GT45 Trigger Adjustment question

Post by TheFaz »

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just picked up a used Pardini GT45 to try for the CF and .45 stages. It's got a fantastic trigger, the problem is its too good right now. It's at about 2lbs and I want to get it to 3.5. From looking at the manual I need to adjust the second stage inner screw. Unfortunately I can't figure out how. It looks like it takes a special screwdriver to do so. Anyone who own or used one have any thoughts or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance,
Mark
Clintw

Post by Clintw »

Mark,

The Pardini SP pistols have an inner and outer trigger adjustment as you describe and I'm assuming they are similar. The inner adjustment on the SP is with a small hex wrench. I either use the original tools that came with the SP or try one until it fits from my other assortment of hex wrenches.

I'm sure others will correct or add to the info.

Clint
Gort

Post by Gort »

montster

Be sure and measure trigger weight

Post by montster »

Bought one of these this past spring. Thought the GT45 trigger weight was way below legal limit and measured it and found it to be very close and just a few grams below. The wide trigger shoe does give the impression of a lighter trigger.

Coat hanger and plastic bag of 185g bullets is my high tech trigger gauge.
TheFaz

Post by TheFaz »

Thanks for the info. It looks like there is a bar across the inner screw so I guess I'll have to look closer when I get home at it. The manual gives no info on the right size, although pardini did get back and say they thought it was a 1.5mm. Not sure I have that one in the collection, we will see. I have an actual NRA approved set of trigger weights and it breaks with the 2lb weights immediately after lifting off the table, so I've got some adjustment to do.
TheFaz

Post by TheFaz »

It's tough to see, but the adjustment screw I'm talking about is on the left. If you look closely you can see a rod going across the inside of the screw, where the inner screw is supposed to be. I can't see any way to adjust it. I also looked from the top and there isn't any way to get at the screw since the trigger of course is in the way. Anyone have any ideas? I'm totally stumped at this point.

PS the manual is worthless, it doesn't even show the inner screw, or discuss what tool to use to access it.
TDK

Post by TDK »

I recently purchased a GT-45 also.

I have found that the "duplex screw," as the manual calls it (the one on the left in the picture) can be adjusted as follows:

A flathead screwdriver works on the outer screw.

A 1/16-inch hex wrench works on the inner screw.

To confirm your pistol has the inner screw, you could back the outer screw completely out of the gun (using a flathead screwdriver). If it's hollow, you'll need to order the inner screw.

Question to OP: You say Pardini got back to you. When did you contact them and how (letter, e-mail, phone)? I e-mailed GT-45 questions to Pardini USA on Tuesday November 6 but have yet to receive an answer.
TheFaz

Post by TheFaz »

I took the screw out and it turns out the inner screw was missing, there was a small piece of metal (?) holding in the spring and detent. Ended up getting a whole new screw setup and saved the old one for spares. Got the trigger to 3.5 lbs now and it still feels great.

I emailed Pardini a couple of times and both times I had an answer within 24 hours. They've been great to me, sorry to hear they didn't get back to you. I'd give them a call.
RodBrown

Post by RodBrown »

I'm glad of visiting this site as I got problem with my newly bought pistol and by reading this forum I get ideas on how to correct such problem. Thanks to you guys.