Gear bags

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

honeybunz

Gear bags

Post by honeybunz »

Hello, What is a good gear bag to use for all of my sb and air equipment?

Price range and size?
ahlenius

gear bag

Post by ahlenius »

Try Sandpiper products out of California they have a load out bag that is guaranteed for life my daughter uses it as it was recommended by some friends. Super tough...Military uses it. only draw back but not a big deal is that it does not have a retractable handle for pulling. cost was $92 shipped i think. Good Luck
Dozo10

gear bags

Post by Dozo10 »

Most guys I know use multi-pocket tool bags. The better ones are designed to last in knockabout conditions in pickup beds & job sites. They're generally less expensive.
ccshooter

Post by ccshooter »

I use a Stanley rolling "toolbox". It is made of plastic with a pull out handle for pulling it. It is big, but great if you want to keep smallbore and air gear in one place. They are $50 at Lowes.
COBelties

Post by COBelties »

My son has an Ogio 9400 and at first I thought he was crazy because the price between 125-250. However, after spending a season taking it outdoors and indoors, through gravel parking lots and flights of stairs, I've been really impressed with the construction and durability. I also like all the different handle locations that make it easy to sling into the back of my truck. I'm usually pretty fruggle, we use the Stanley boxes for our cattle shows, but I think given the choice I'd buy another Ogio.

GS
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Cricket bags - long enough to take a jacket, without folding at the waist.
dlinden

Post by dlinden »

Tim -

Not a bad suggestion. Went to the local sporting goods store here in Georgia and asked for a cricket bag. The salesman said they are sold in the bait section and only used when you go fishing for crappie.

Dennis L
#1texan

Post by #1texan »

Has anyone tryed the large Pelican cases?
gtrisdale

Post by gtrisdale »

You need to think about a couple of things. Do you plan on flying with the gear bag? If not, you have a wide range of choices, several of them have already been listed. If you plan on flying with the bag, you have a decision to make. A hardsided "bag" protects your equipment better than a soft bag, but it will not make weight. This will cost you money everytime you fly. The large Pelican cases work very well for this. They are very strong. A good soft bag will make weight and will protect your equipment if properly packed. The Ogio bags work very well for this. My daughter and several members of our team have used these bags for air travel with no problems or issues.
RossM

Cricket Bags

Post by RossM »

DLIndon:

You need educating in the Gentlemanly Game of Cricket!!!

Cricket:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

Although intended to be comical and being very difficult to understand, this is an entirely correct explanation of Cricket.
jbpratt

Gear Bag

Post by jbpratt »

I research and found that the Ogio Rig 9800 SLED bag was the one for my shooter. I have to tell you it was worth the money. Its chassie is smooth even on gravel, handles great
everywhere with a heavy duty retractable pull handle, and built in straps to tighten down everything, separate zipper compartment for boots, jacket, and pants, fits everything. If you are a member of USA Shooting they have a discount program that you can purchase one with their discount. Its about $80 cheaper if you get through the USA Shooting Program. Ours cost $200 which included shipping and taxes.
rifleshooter3

Post by rifleshooter3 »

OGIO!!!!! USA shooting gets a discount through promotive, although they are still kind of expensive.