Matchguns Mg 2 Electronic RF pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
deadeyedick

Matchguns Mg 2 Electronic RF pistol

Post by deadeyedick »

Does anyone have a Matchguns MG2 Electronic pistol. Observations / comments ....from owners please.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Got one, doesn't work. Looks good as a paperweight, though. The mechanical MG2 is pretty good, but the e-version just sucks.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

What is the main problem.....the importer here in Oz has said that since the electronics board mod about 2 years back, it has become his best seller.
I would be very interested to hear your experience P.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

The way the e-trigger works, it's impossible to adjust certain parameters, and the thing hates dirt. My one's got problems with the hammer sear overtravel, and that can't be adjusted, either. What's good about the concept is that the MG2E fires when the circuit is opened, so there is no microswitch to be pressed, and it doesn't need a triggerstop. But the contact for the circuit is right between the mag well and the chamber, so it's always dirty. The thing will either double or don't shoot at all. If you put in the battery the wrong way round, the electronics are burned. And the timing between 2nd stage takeup and electric circuit is impossible to manage, I've never seen a MG2E that has the quality of the old Morini trigger. I know of four MG2E around here, and none of them works for more than 500 rounds without major cleaning. Each of those shooters (including me) prefers the mechanical MG2.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Great answer....thank you.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Great would be if it worked - I really like the Matchguns, but that e-trigger doesn't cut it.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Glad you explained the problems. I wasn't far from laying down the cash.
Is the problem confined to the contacts becoming dirty ?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

In my one, not exclusively, no. I've got problems with the hammer sear, too, the whole trigger system seems out of balance. It's an early model, though, perhaps they fixed it. I've given up on it.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

Like Tyco, I have an MG2e (RF) and an MG2 mech trigger, I prefer the mechanical trigger version, but have had good luck with my MG2e. However, I clean it every 500 rounds or I accept the odd double/malfunction. This is especially true when using average/affordable ammunition.

Brian
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

I have MG2RF Mechanical. Shoots all day long, any ammunition. I'd be wary of going to electronic. My favourite electronic pistols are Morini 162EI and Walther FP.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

How difficult, or should I say "fiddly" is cleaning the contacts on the electronic setup ? Also, my RF manual trigger shoots CCI all day.....will the electronic version handle such ammo ?