Crosman 2300T pistol?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
IPshooter

Crosman 2300T pistol?

Post by IPshooter »

Has anyone tried the Crossman 2300T pistol for beginning AP shooters? If so, what was your experience with that pistol? How does it compare to other pistols in that price range?

TIA

Stan
jordankrista

Post by jordankrista »

When I was in youth league they had Daisy 747's and they had the Crosman 2300T. I was much happier with the Daisy 747 to be honest. I ended up buying two 747's. To fit in a match sizing box, you had to file down the left side of the grip, but I thought it felt better and performed better.

I have since moved to an IZH46.
md123180

Post by md123180 »

How do you like the IZH 46 in comparison to the 747? The 747 is the only AP that I have any experience with, and even when I shot it, I wasn't quite interested in the sport. Thusly, I don't remember anything remarkable about it. However, after reading reviews, it seems Daisy has replaced a lot of parts with plastic nowadays, like I recently found out by buying a recent model of my childhood bb-gun (Powerline 880).

Looking at it as a possibility for a starter AP... This is probably the 5th or 6th time I've heard of people going for them.
jordankrista

Post by jordankrista »

md123180 wrote:How do you like the IZH 46 in comparison to the 747? The 747 is the only AP that I have any experience with, and even when I shot it, I wasn't quite interested in the sport. Thusly, I don't remember anything remarkable about it. However, after reading reviews, it seems Daisy has replaced a lot of parts with plastic nowadays, like I recently found out by buying a recent model of my childhood bb-gun (Powerline 880).

Looking at it as a possibility for a starter AP... This is probably the 5th or 6th time I've heard of people going for them.
Honestly, they feel good for being a "starter". They are very accurate. Unfortunatly, both of my 747's have the plastic grips. They formed the grips pretty good though, great for getting the feel of a molded grip.

I honestly love my IZH.

If I were to coach a youth team/club, I would start them on 747's and stress the upgrade to an IZH once I felt they were advancing at a rapid pace(Kind of like I did). They are just so much more adjustable for the "advanced" shooter.
Guninstructor

2300s - nice but not worth the money

Post by Guninstructor »

Hi IPshooter. I have a 2300s that I really like to shoot, but it is nowhere near as accurate as my Walther CP2. If you can find a 2300s or t model used for around $100 you will like it, otherwise I would recommend to save up a few hundred and buy the IZH46 or find a used CO2 pistol. The trigger on the 2300s,and I presume on the 2300t as well as the s model seems to be the upgrade, isn't great. The trigger is ok for plinking but I would not consider it match grade. From a rest with a pistol scope on the gun I can get about a 1" group at 10 meters from the 2300s. The real entry level match guns, the IZH and the alpha proj or used CO2 pistols, are able to shoot one ragged hole at 10 meters.

Hope this helps.
jr

Post by jr »

I used a Crosman 2300s that I ordered from the "Crosman Custom Shop" for my first few matches in AP. It was enough to get me started in 10M AP - and I'd still say it's an easy to use, fun, and economical choice. I don't think it's the best choice for someone going primarily into 10m shooting, but for somebody who wants a plinker that can work for 10m also, perhaps. From a rested position, at 10m, it is capable of holding a 10-ring-sized group with an occasional 9. Nevertheless, the trigger (even though it's adjustable) is difficult and the grips aren't very good either.

I personally used the 2300s for several AP matches before I bought an IZH-46M. At my first match with the Izzy my scores went up 25 points, all of which I attribute to ergonomic and trigger differences between the guns (granted, that was only from the mid-400's to the high-400's), but still - I hadn't gotten better, it was the gun.

That said, there are a couple of things to be aware of: A CO2 cartridge will last for about 40-45 shots in the 2300s. Obviously this means changing cartridges in the middle of a match, so that's no good. Furthermore, the POI is different with the first shot from each CO2 cartridge as well as the last few (it starts to drop as it loses power). With practice you can start to feel and hear when a cartridge is starting to run out of gas, but in my first match I put a few shots down in the "1" and "2" rings at 6 o'clock before I realized it was time for a new 'powerlet'.
Other issues for 10m AP competition: one of the standard sights the 2300s comes with is a Williams sight - it's a great sight, but it sticks out too much to fit in the ISSF box; similarly, the thumb shelf on the stock grips were also to big for the box. I ended up getting an LPA sight and filed down the grips to fit.

Still, it's a very fun pistol - totally great for plinking; it's inherently accurate - the faults are in its trigger and grips. I think anyone who has a large backyard should have one.
Bob Mccollum

Post by Bob Mccollum »

Ip shooter, we have some of the Daisy 717 pistols and they are a good starter pistol , my son and some of our more experienced shooters have the IZH and they all love them.
Does anyone know about the Crosman 1700 PCP pistol, I have been considering geting one to try