Hi Guys from a UK newbie.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

arborealad

Hi Guys from a UK newbie.

Post by arborealad »

Hi everyone. I recently joined a shooting club and am loving every minute of it so far. Its very addictive!!
I used to shoot a bit of 25 yard prone as an army cadet over ten years ago, and after the usual stint of growing up, settling down with the wife and buying a house etc i decided i would love to take shooting back up.

My Club tends to sway more in favour of 50m benchrest and light sporting rifle but there are a couple of match shooters there and ive decided this is the path id like to go down with 25 yard and 50m prone.

Id love to find out if there are any other smallbore match shooters local to me so i can maybe get some proper coaching or even join a second club if thats what it takes. (im very competetive and naturally want to try and make it as far as i can go).
Ive been shooting some half decent groups at 50m just practicing but im happy enough with them so far.

Anyhow i will continue to browse the forum soaking up as much good advice as i can for now.

Cheers.
Adam.
Attachments
rsz_scorecard.jpg
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Hi Adam,

try

http://www.nsra.co.uk/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=94

This takes you to the Lincolnshire page of the NSRA club finder tool. Interestingly Sleaford SBRC is listed; their website (www.ssbrc.org.uk) does state that they shoot prone, so if this isn't the club you already shoot at, why not contact them.

Tim
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

Also try Neil's site here:

http://forum.stirton.com/

I know there are a few shooters in your area that post there.

K.
arborealad

Post by arborealad »

Thanks for the welcome guys.
As far as i know the Sleaford club has recently shut down due to lack of members/funding so i am told?
I have to travel a bit further to Ancaster but at least we have the use of a 50m range, just no proper coaching other than the range safety part.

I cant wait for my probation to be finished so i can start the painful process of applying for my F.A.C.
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

Boston Rifle Club, or Holwell at Melton Mowbray are roughly in your area. Stamford is fairly near as well.

www.HolwellRC.co.uk

Rutty