Standard pistol with Hi-Standards

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rob

Standard pistol with Hi-Standards

Post by Rob »

Hi, I was wondering how many older (seasoned) shooters out there used Hi-Standard pistols for Standard pistol. Even though I have a Pardini SP, I like shooting the Victor, and recently acuired a Giles 103 slant grip thats runs flawless.
Anyone ever get their old stuff out and play, or do you leave the stuff in the vault and concentrate on your current pistol?
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

The old Citation does a fine job--the Pardini SP does an equally fine job---which status pistol or not won't do a fine job? In the right hands....."Doc"
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

If you're talking about ISSF Standard Pistol then I'm afraid the High Standard is very many years behind the game.

Even when I started shooting (including with a club Citation) in 1980 it obviously wasn't as easy to shoot as top quality guns like the GSP, DES69, Ham 208 etc.

Then along came guns like the FAS 602, the Ham 280 and the Pardini, relegating the High Standard to 3rd division (at best).
Coastwatcher

Post by Coastwatcher »

I put the Pardinis away for a month or 2 after the competition season ends and shoot my High Standard Trophy and Smith Model 27, just for old times sake. I use them in NRA 2700 matches too, just for the fun of it.

After a while I am ready to get serious again and start shooting the Pardinis again.