Camp Perry Vendor Row

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

clamdigger

Camp Perry Vendor Row

Post by clamdigger »

Has anyone been to Camp Perry this week to visit vendor row? If so, what type of selection did Champion Shooters Supply and Champions Choice have for smallbore rifles? Any Anschutz 1913 rifles? I plan to go up next weekend but was wondering if anyone was there for pistol week.
22long64

vendor row

Post by 22long64 »

I have been there a couple of times this past week. The selection on Anschutz stuff seemed OK, other brands not so much due to importing problems.
clamdigger

Post by clamdigger »

I tried going to Camp Perry last night but got there after everything closed (6PM). Today I asked one of the guys that works for Champion Shooters Supply if they have got any new Anschutz rifles in and was told they are still waiting for a shipment.
Packrat1947

CP schedule

Post by Packrat1947 »

Here's the schedule for those who want to visit. There is downtime when switching between pistol, smallbore and high power phases. Usually vendors are open by 11 a.m. and stay open deep into the evenings.

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/nm_campperry.asp

I live about 45 minutes away. I'll be going there at the beginning of small bore - just to shop.

I shot 18 years of high power and long range - but lost interest in 1998. Now I plink pellet guns and .22s in the backyard.

www.pbase.com/packrat

Best Regards,

Packrat1947
clamdigger

Post by clamdigger »

I was at Camp Perry today to pick up my packet for the prone matches. In processing was a little busy because of the CMP rimfire match on Sunday. I ended up on post 36 down where the moguls are. I was down there last year and did not mind too much. Some of the masters also ended up at that end. Eley was handing out T-shirts or the red coolers - your choice. Lapua was handing out grey T shirts and I got a bunch of their pens and stickers. The NRA building had some T shirts with a smallbore print on the back. The guy who created the pistol poster last year created a smallbore poster and that print was also on those T shirts.

Champion Shooter Supply still does not have any new Anschutz rifles. They ordered them a long time ago and have not been shipped yet. I think they had a new junior Anschutz 1903 that came in recently. They were the only store with Lapua Midas+ ammo.

Champions Choice had a lot of Anschutz 1907 rifles. They came in 1918 stocks and 1914 stocks as well as the older wooden stock. They had one in an orange 1918 precise stock. The owner said he ordered four orange stocks and that was the only one left. I saw those in an Anchutz newsletter a while back. He also had the 1918 stocks in blue and the original silver. Apparently the 1907s come with a silver 1918 stock by default but the owner will switch stuff around. He sold the last 1913 action today but I am having a 1913 with blue 1918 precise stock sent up from their warehouse on Wednesday. He had some 2013 actions with 2018 silver stocks. The 1907 action in a 1914 stock was interesting since it had the 1918 precise hardware but in a wood thumb stock. They also had some Anschutz 1903 rifles. And they also had Walther and Feinwerkbau rifles. I did not look at the air rifles.

I went over to the BFTC building and they had the windmills built by the guy in Stanford, CT. $150 each. They had a few Kurt Thune blue sweaters also with the usual yellow shooting sweaters. Hard to find the blue ones. Otherwise they had Sauer shooting sweaters. They also had an assortment of boots and gloves from the various manufacturers, mainly Kurt Thune.

Try and Bom was in the 10 Ring Service building. They had gloves, a few coats, and a few accessories. What has been people's experience with the Monard coats?

Sinclair International and Fin Feather Fur were also there. Gunpowder and Sierra bullets seems to be the same price as last year. RL-15 around $95 per 5 lb and 69gr .22 Sierra matchkings were around $85 per 500.