Hilarious Buy Back programs funds marksmanship

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

pilkguns
Site Admin

Hilarious Buy Back programs funds marksmanship

Post by pilkguns »

corning

Post by corning »

+1 for the good guys!
tailslid1

Post by tailslid1 »

Awesome. They should be hitting yard sales for everything they can find to turn in to buy more stuff for the youth program. Thanks mr president! Rick
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

I can buy Mosin-Nagants for less than $100...
Misny

Post by Misny »

Now that's thinking out of the box.
justadude

Post by justadude »

While the city is complaining that they are abusing a program intended to make the city safer, I will also contend that junior who has been to a shooting range, been given basic firearms handling instruction and allowed to shoot in a controlled environment is less likely to abuse or misuse a firearm later in life. So, funding a junior shooting program from a gun buyback program IS making the city safer.

I don't study crime statistics and this is just my opinion but I always noticed a difference (for the better) in how juniors regarded firearms from the beginning to end of a basic course.

'Dude
orionshooter

Post by orionshooter »

Misny wrote:Now that's thinking out of the box.
I disagree.....taking the money to find a youth program and then exercising some common sense by KEEPING YOUR MOUTH SHUT about it would have been a far better idea. The publicity will undoubtedly persuade the city to figure out a way to prevent this from happening again. You can't screw with city hall without coming out damaged.