Please Help me choose the Best 10m (.177) Air rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

suhas_k_p

Please Help me choose the Best 10m (.177) Air rifle

Post by suhas_k_p »

Hi Everyone,
I here by request you all to kindly help me choose a 10m (.177) air rifle for competitions. I have the below air rifles in mind.

1. Feinwerkbau 700 Alu
2. Walther LG400 Competition
3. Steyr LG110 match

Can you all help me choose the best air rifle as am really confused between "The Walther LG400 competition" and "The Feinwerkbau 700 Alu".

It would be really helpful if you all add your honest opinions and suggest me to purchase the best air rifle.

I dont know whether if it is true that the Feinwerkbau 700 has regulator and cylinder problems while switching from dry firing to live as it most of the times miss-fires while switching.

Regards,
Suhas K P
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I owned the Steyr 110, and I presently own the LG400. I personally did not like the Steyr at all. I really like the LG400. The FWB is also popular, but I lack long term experience with that model. So my personal opinion would be the LG400.
smckenna03

Post by smckenna03 »

Hi,

I really like the new FWB 800, good price and from one of the National team members no recoil at all, very adjustable.

If you don't like that I would recommend the Walther LG400, it is a very good choice has a lot of high end add on's already with it. Has a good feel to it and seems to balance really well.

Just my 2 cents,
Shawn
suhas_k_p

Post by suhas_k_p »

I appreciate all of your comments on this. I would also like to clarify if any of the users facing common problems like the regulator/cylinder issue with the FWB 700 because i don't know to what extent this is true.

I also have this doubt in mind that even though Walther LG400 is so good at its build quality and the technical specification why are the world top men shooters and the women shooters are still using the FWB 700.

These are the factors which are making me to think again and again before jumping into a decision. Its just been an year on the job for me and am putting all my savings on the rifle that i am buying.

I don't want to rush or jump into any sort of decision very soon until you all help me provide a clear picture by making the right choice for me so that i don't regret in the mere future.

Its my humble request to you all to help me make the right choice.

Regards,
Suhas
EJ

Post by EJ »

suhas_k_p wrote:I also have this doubt in mind that even though Walther LG400 is so good at its build quality and the technical specification why are the world top men shooters and the women shooters are still using the FWB 700.
It's relatively cheap, most (all) Asian shooters are using it and it has been around for quite some time now. The 400 is still new and costs more so less people will naturally be using it.
suhas_k_p wrote: These are the factors which are making me to think again and again before jumping into a decision. Its just been an year on the job for me and am putting all my savings on the rifle that i am buying.
All rifles will have positive and negative aspects to them and it's only you who can decide which one has the best combination of the two. I've so far not seen any rifle that does everything well but I can live with the faults of mine. The best way to find what they are is to talk to owners and try them out for yourself.

For your question; I have personally not had any problems with the regulator or cylinder of my 700 (have other concerns with it, but not that). Don't know about other people though.
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

I would agree to get out to a match if you can and see if you can try a few models out before you decide. No one here can make it for you and be assured you will be happy.

I have a LG300 Hunter and a Anschutz 8002 S2. They are both tack driver accurate and handle like a dream. I've shot the Steyrs and FWBs but they didn't really float my boat. They will all be more accurate than you even the cheapest of the high end will out shoot your abilities for awhile. Don't think you need to have the latest and greatest to shoot well. A older guy I shoot with just set 3 new National Records in Outdoor Target Silhouette in exactly 1 years time. The first with an old Anschutz 380 Springer, then he beat his own score a few months later with the exact same rifle. Finally he broke down and got a Walther LG300 and earlier this month he broke his record for the 3rd time this year with it. Mind you that he was competing against some of the latest and greatest 10m rifles out when he not only won he set records!

This is just to tell you it is all in the shooter most of all. Never lose sight of that, good equipment is a pleasure to shoot to be sure and will give you confidence. But then you don't have any excuses it's all on you.

Good luck on your quest. Go try some rifles!

Bo
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

Whichever fits the best.
They will all shoot 600's all day long.
Matt
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Westerngrizzly has made a sensible point, Its also worth bearing in mind that the latest all singing all dancing sky high priced air rifle may not suit you. A good example was Katy Emmons who won air rifle gold at Athens used an early Anschutz 2002 which had no recoil absorber.

I hate completely 'dead' air rifles as I like some feed back on firing.
A recent win in one of the European world cup matches was with a FWB P700 Universal Laminate stock.
The new FWB 800 now uses the recoil absorber from their P44 pistol which now puts it in my 'dead' catigory.

FWB are the most popular rifle and hold more medals and records than any other make, but that doesen't mean to say its ideal for you.
Steyr have a new rifle with an electronic trigger and new style stock including a MEC butt plate.

JSB
suhas_k_p

Post by suhas_k_p »

Thank you all for the feedback. I would do accordingly to what best fits me.
I will finally decide and let you all know.

Thanks a ton :)

Regards,
Suhas K P
stacker10x

Re: Please Help me choose the Best 10m (.177) Air rifle

Post by stacker10x »

suhas_k_p wrote:Hi Everyone,
I here by request you all to kindly help me choose a 10m (.177) air rifle for competitions. I have the below air rifles in mind.

1. Feinwerkbau 700 Alu
2. Walther LG400 Competition
3. Steyr LG110 match

Can you all help me choose the best air rifle as am really confused between "The Walther LG400 competition" and "The Feinwerkbau 700 Alu".

It would be really helpful if you all add your honest opinions and suggest me to purchase the best air rifle.

I dont know whether if it is true that the Feinwerkbau 700 has regulator and cylinder problems while switching from dry firing to live as it most of the times miss-fires while switching.

Regards,
Suhas K P
suhas_k_p

Post by suhas_k_p »

Hi Everyone,
I extremely Thank you all for the suggestions and comments. This is to inform you all that I finally got my rifle delivered to me on 10th of September 2012 and its an Walther LG 400 Alutec Expert.

Now that i am concentrating on serious training and to build my foundation with strong basics which i can adapt for shooting career.

I would request you all to share some knowledge or materials which would help me succeed in the competitions.

Will be eagerly waiting for your valuable feedback on this.

Thanks a ton.

Regards,
Suhas K P