suit break in only 2 weeks!!!

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TEN DOT

suit break in only 2 weeks!!!

Post by TEN DOT »

I just recieved my custom monard super suit and was wanting to wear it at the CMP Junior olympics in 2 weeks if possible but am not wanting to sacrifice having to suit broke in correctly just to have it for this shoot. I know there have been topics on how to break in suits on here before but I was unable to find them with the search. Any ideas for what I can do??
Brandon
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Since you have not ever had it checked, plan on taking both in case all you do for your new one fails to pass equip check.

The most common failure of course is buttons .... if you have a check tool make sure they are not too tight

Next will be stiffness, roll, unroll, roll, unroll, roll, unroll ... repeat about 1000 times. Some say sleep in it ... well, probably more like go to bed in it, you surely won't sleep well.

Make sure you do the rolling bit on the darker colors as they have more ink and thus are stiffer. especially do the rolling in back on your pants at the waist.

Now me .... to you .... my $0.02: Don't shoot the match in your new gear, however excited about it that you are.
Take your new gear ... having done the fabric prep and see if it passes ... if so, hooray!!!!, after the match start practicing in it. (Ask them to do a courtesy check, should be no problem)
If it does not pass you'll get to see where you need more work on it.
It's way too close to that match to think about using the new stuff. Would you change out your rifle this close?
smckenna03

Post by smckenna03 »

Brandon,

Please follow the Monard instructions on break in that were in the box when shipped, if you need them again I can email them to you.

Thanks,
Shawn
shawn@trybom.com